Entertainment Weekly had the great opportunity to stand by on Andrew Lincon’s last day on The Walking Dead, and it sounds like such a crazy experience.
Here are some tidbits we thought we especially poignant from Andrew’s final hours on set.
- Andrew Lincoln listened to Annie Lennox’s “No More I Love You’s” in his ear buds, and often let out some singing of his own. Specifically the lyrics, “I used to have demons in my room at night. Desire, despair, desire. Sooooooooooooo many monsters.”
- He moved around, alot. He squatted, sat, lied down, and did not sit still.
- He received many hugs from his co-stars, especially Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
- At one point, he whispers, “I’m scared, man. I’m nervous. F—. It’s over, man. This is it. It’s over.”
- There was a last supper that included a cake shaped like the boots of Rick Grimes with skeleton arm holding a note saying goodbye. “With Love, Your AMC Family.”
- The cast and crew ate chicken, salmon and avocado mousse
- His final words to the cast and crew were, I just want to say I’ve had so much fun on this episode. It’s the most fun I’ve had since the very first one. There is not enough time left on the planet to thank all of you. I love you. Thank you so much for your blood, sweat, and tears.”
Lincoln will be back soon, in fact, he could be there right now! It was announced he’d be returning to set to shadow a director and soon possibly direct an episode.
You can catch Rick Grimes’ final episodes of The Walking Dead Sundays on AMC!
Micajah McGregor, Editor in Chief of FanFest.com and renowned entertainment journalist, graduated from USC with a focus on Journalism and Film Studies. With an MBA from The Wharton School, he began his career at “PopCulture Pulse” and has been instrumental in shaping FanFest into a prime entertainment news source. Known for his financial analysis of celebrity net worths, Micajah received the ‘Digital Editor of the Year’ award in 2018. He’s also an active blogger, sharing his passion for superhero films and ’90s TV. Contact him at [email protected] for engaging entertainment insights.