Entertainment Weekly had the great opportunity to stand by on Andrew Lincon’s last day on The Walking Dead, and it sounds like such a crazy experience.
Here are some tidbits we thought we especially poignant from Andrew’s final hours on set.
- Andrew Lincoln listened to Annie Lennox’s “No More I Love You’s” in his ear buds, and often let out some singing of his own. Specifically the lyrics, “I used to have demons in my room at night. Desire, despair, desire. Sooooooooooooo many monsters.”
- He moved around, alot. He squatted, sat, lied down, and did not sit still.
- He received many hugs from his co-stars, especially Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
- At one point, he whispers, “I’m scared, man. I’m nervous. F—. It’s over, man. This is it. It’s over.”
- There was a last supper that included a cake shaped like the boots of Rick Grimes with skeleton arm holding a note saying goodbye. “With Love, Your AMC Family.”
- The cast and crew ate chicken, salmon and avocado mousse
- His final words to the cast and crew were, I just want to say I’ve had so much fun on this episode. It’s the most fun I’ve had since the very first one. There is not enough time left on the planet to thank all of you. I love you. Thank you so much for your blood, sweat, and tears.”
Lincoln will be back soon, in fact, he could be there right now! It was announced he’d be returning to set to shadow a director and soon possibly direct an episode.
You can catch Rick Grimes’ final episodes of The Walking Dead Sundays on AMC!
Shannon Toohey is Editor-In-Chief of FanFest.com. She graduated from Hofstra University in 2015 with a B.A. in Journalism from the Lawrence Herbert School of Communications. Shannon has been a proud member of the Fan Fest team since 2013. Tweet her in your prettiest bird voice: @shannontoo