Ahead of its San Diego Comic-Con panel (happening on Friday), Syfy released a brand new teaser trailer for Sharknado: Global Swarming on Wednesday. The new teaser gives us some new insight into the origin of these crazy, shark-filled storms!
We know that Sharknados have happened in the past but, the new teaser reveals that they date back, way back, to ancient times. The unmistakable cyclone and shark shapes are seen on cave hieroglyphics paintings. It’s up to Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and April (Tara Reid) to figure out how to stop the storms from evolving further. Check out the teaser below:
The official description for the upcoming fifth installment says the following:
In Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, the mission gets personal for Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid) when their young son gets trapped in a traveling ‘nado and transported all over the world. From London to Rio, Tokyo, Rome, Amsterdam and beyond, our globetrotting heroes will seek assistance from a highly-skilled squad of royals, scholars and Olympians, enlisting famous faces from news, entertainment, and sports in their most epic battle yet.
In addition to the original cast and in true Sharknado fashion, the film is boasting an impressive list of celebrity cameos. Syfy’s official list, to date, for the cameo roles, consists of the following:
- Fabio (Model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (Professional skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist
- Clay Aiken (Musician) as Llewelyn, a cutting edge technology genius
- Olivia Newton-John (Musician) and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado
- Bret Michaels (Musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm
- Margaret Cho (Comedian) as a fussy bride whose honeymoon is interrupted by sharks
- Charo (Musician, Comedian) as The Queen of England
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald
- Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb (Today hosts) as themselves
- Greg Louganis (Olympic diving medalist) as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley (Olympic diving medalist) as himself
- Gus Kenworthy (Olympic freeskiing medalist ) and Jeff Rossen (NBC News investigative correspondent) as themselves
- Porsha Williams (The Real Housewives of Atlanta) as Andromeda, an archeologist and member of the elite “Sharknado Sisterhood”
- Tiffany “New York” Pollard (Flavor of Love) as Vega, a Brazilian black market artifacts dealer
- Chris Kattan (Saturday Night Live) as The Prime Minister of England
- Cat Greenleaf (Talk Stoop) and Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) as themselves
- Ross Mullan (Game of Thrones White Walker) as Dr. Wobbegon, a scientist who has made breakthroughs in meteorological studies to track Sharknado storms
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming will be premiering on August 6th, only on Syfy.
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).