Marvel’s tiniest superhero is ready to make his grand entrance into your homes! Ant-Man and the Wasp is Marvel’s 20th consecutive film in the Cinematic Universe and it’s coming to digital, Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD in October! The film will be released first on digital format starting on October 2nd and will become available on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD starting on October 16th.
Ant-Man and the Wasp debuted at number one on its opening weekend and held a steady ranking in the top 10 box office films for a wowing six consecutive weeks during the summer. Directed by Peyton Reed, the film stars Paul Rudd, and Evangeline Lilly, and follows Scott Lang (Rudd) who is facing the consequences of his choices made during Captain American: Civil War. While under house arrest, he is summoned by Hope van Dyne (Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Academy Award winner Michael Douglas) who need his help to rescue their beloved Janet van Dyne (Academy Award® nominee Michelle Pfeiffer) from the Quantum Realm. In addition to Rudd, Lilly, Douglas, and Pfeiffer, the film also stars Michael Peña, Walton Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, Tip “T.I.” Harris, David Dastmalchian, Hannah John-Kamen, Abby Ryder Fortson, Randall Park, and Academy Award nominee Laurence Fishburne.
Of course, the home release of Marvel’s 20th consecutive film in the Cinematic Universe comes jam-packed with bonus features including featured spotlights on the film’s stars, a behind-the-scenes look at the visual development and effects of the film, deleted scenes, bloopers, outtakes, audio commentary from Peyton Reed and much more. Check out the in-home release trailer and the full list of bonus features broken down by home release format below.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed – The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
- Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang – Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast and crew.
- A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp – Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.
- Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet – Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.
- Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp” – Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes – Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
- Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.
- Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.
- Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- Deleted Scenes (with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
- Worlds Upon Worlds – As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.
- Sonny’s on the Trail – On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University – This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Be sure to grab your copy of Ant-Man and the Wasp on digital format starting on October 2nd and on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD starting on October 16th!
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).