Coming in hot right behind Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War, X-Men Apocalypse had to make a splash if it wanted to compete with these two flicks.
The numbers, are looking good. Internationally, the film made more than $100 million. The film did the best in the UK at $10.5 million followed by Mexico with $8.6, Brazil with $6.6 and Russia with $6.5 million.
The reviews however, are mixed. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 44%.
- This movie stays true to the themes of the franchise: being outcasts, needing family, accepting yourself, and letting go of the past.
- The new mutants and their powers are brilliant!
- There were too many heroes to give them all the screen time they deserve. Plot lines seemed to get cut short because of this.
- Apocalypse as a villain didn’t live up to our expectations. EW has called him boring.
- It wasn’t particularly memorable.
Now keep in mind, the film hasn’t made its way to the States yet, so we’ll have to see if these reviews still hold up after this up coming weekend.
X-Men Apocalypse comes crashes into American theaters May 27th.
Are you going to watch X-Men Apocalypse?
When Beth “grows up” she wants to see her creations appear on the screen and stage. In her free time, Beth blogs about her love of craft beer and writes screenplays. She received her bachelors in journalism from Youngstown State and received her masters in communication from The University of Akron. She is honored to be a part of the FanFest family.