The Billboard Music Awards (BBMA) are tonight and, this year’s show is sure to be packed with many epic moments. From touching tributes to triumphant comeback performances, here’s everything we are looking forward to in tonight’s show!
- Britney starts the show! First things first, you can’t have an awesome show without an amazing opening number. Tonight, Britney Spears will be presented with the Billboard Millennium Award and will also be kicking off the night with a kick-ass medley of all of her greatest hits throughout the years. Billboard Music Awards executive producer Mark Bracco said, “It’s going to be her with a couple dozen dancers, plus costume changes, and she’s going to walk through her catalog.” We’re excited to see what Britney has in store!
- Honoring Prince: 2016 has been a rough year, so far, with the entertainment industry losing so many notable and legendary stars. Tonight one icon will pay tribute to another who is gone far too soon. Madonna will be paying homage to Prince, who suddenly passed away in April of this year. Billboard said that Madonna has been very involved in how the tribute will be presented and that it will be one of the emotional highlights of the show.
- Adele will be dropping a new video! Her new single, “Send My Love (To Your New Lover), will make its television premiere during tonight’s show. We love anything that Adele does however, Billboard has said this premiere will be “explosive”! Can’t wait!
- Celine Dion will receive the Icon Award. After the tragic death of her husband, Rene Angelil and her brother, Daniel Dion, Celine has been seeking solitude, out of spotlight however, tonight, she will triumphantly return. Celine will, fittingly, be performing “The Show Must Go On” by Queen. The BBMA’s approached Dion only about receiving the Icon Award however, Bracco said, “We’ve always had a close relationship with Celine. [She] seemed to feel that this was the right moment for her to return to the spotlight. And we created a really special moment.”
- Kesha is sure to deliver an emotional performance after the bumpy road she’s been on to get to the BBMA stage. With her very public battle with record label producer, Dr. Luke still ongoing, earlier this week, Kesha announced she was being denied the opportunity to perform at the BBMAs by Luke. Kesha had planned to pay tribute to Bob Dylan by performing his song “It Ain’t Me, Babe”, which many speculated would be a slam to Dr. Luke. There was even talk of Kesha using the performance to publically call out Dr. Luke on live television. Kesha will get the opportunity to perform what is sure to be one of the most talked about moments of the night. (Check out Kesha’s performance with Ben Folds from earlier this week)
- Pink has been planning an ambitious, top secret performance that is sure to wow the audience. Taking her performance very seriously, Billboard said she has been rehearsing for 5 days in an offsite location. In the past, Pink has taken to the sky (or ceiling) in order to perform aerial acrobatics while flawlessly singing her songs but, Bracco says you will not want to miss her performance tonight of “Just Like Fire”. “She has done incredible award performances — she has flown through the air, there have been acrobatics and fire — but it’s all going to come together in this performance,” said Bracco.
Additional performances to look out for include, The GoGo’s, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Rihanna, DNCE, Fifth Harmony with Ty Dolla $ign, Nick Jonas with Tove Lo, Meghan Trainor, Shawn Mendez, Troye Sivan and Demi Lovato.
Check out the full list of BBMA Finalist HERE. Ludacris and Ciara will host the 2016 Billboard Music Awards tonight at 8pm EST on ABC!
Who are you most looking forward to seeing perform?
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).