Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be released on digital and home video in just a few weeks and fans will be ecstatic to learn the release will be jam-packed with bonus features! Disney and Lucasfilm released all the details on Tuesday and it’s time to get excited.
Special features will include a whopping 14 scenes deleted from the theatrical film release, commentary from director Rian Johnson, a feature-length documentary showing how the film was made and more. Below is the full list of special features, via Lucasfilm:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-world locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi be available in digital format on March 13th and on Blu-ray March 27. Are you excited about Star Wars: The Last Jedi being released on digital and home video? Will you be planning a binge night devoted only to the bonus features?