Nintendo will be heading out on the road to bring the Nintendo Switch to various towns this Summer and Fall.
Nintendo has announced plans to bring the Nintendo Switch, along with photo opportunities and various activities, on the road between June 26th and early October. Nintendo has stated that they plan to “offer visitors a colorful and highly interactive space featuring demos of some of the hottest Nintendo Switch games of the summer like Super Mario Maker 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.”
“The stops throughout the road trip are designed with kids and families in mind, offering them a one-of-a-kind Nintendo-themed experience that they can enjoy together,” stated a Nintendo press release.
Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, stated, “The Nintendo Switch Road Trip highlights the portability of Nintendo Switch as we travel the country to bring our games directly to fans. Whether you’re visiting a state fair or just out for a day with the family, our event provides an opportunity to relax, play some games and have some fun.”
The traveling Nintendo Switch vehicle will offer individual spaces for various games, including a warp pipe filled stage for Super Mario Maker 2, a neon-colored paradise for Splatoon 2, and a large TV and bucket race car seats for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Social media will be a big draw at each stop, with Nintendo providing ample opportunities for fun photos. Nintendo-themed challenges and discount coupons to retailers like Target will also be available at each stop will supplies last.
Below is the list of Nintendo Switch Road Trip scheduled stops:
- June 26th – 30th, 2019: Chicago, Illinois (Navy Pier)
- July 3rd – 7th, 2019: Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Summerfest)
- July 12th – 14th, 2019: Sacramento, California (California State Fair)
- July 19th – 21st, 2019: Seattle, Washington (Bite of Seattle)
- August 2nd – 4th, 2019: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (Musikfest)
- August 8th – 11th, 2019: Des Moines, Iowa (Iowa State Fair)
- August 15th – 19th, 2019: Louisville, Kentucky (Kentucky State Fair)
- August 22nd – 25th, 2019: Syracuse, New York (The Great New York State Fair)
- August 30th – September 2nd, 2019: Saint Paul, Minnesota (Minnesota State Fair)
- September 6th – 8th, 2019: Albuquerque, New Mexico (New Mexico State Fair)
- September 11th – 15th, 2019: Pomona, California (LA County Fair)
- September 26th – 29th, 2019: West Springfield, Massachusetts (The Big E)
- October 3rd – 6th, 2019: Perry, Georgia (Georgia National Fair)
Games playable during the Nintendo Switch Road Trip are:
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
- Overcooked! 2
- Super Mario Party
- Splatoon 2
Visitors who have a My Nintendo account can check in at each Road Trip stop using their My Nintendo QR Code and receive a gift, while supplies last.
Will you be checking out any of the Nintendo Switch Road Trip stops? Let us know in the comments!
Richard Allen is a freelance writer and contributing editor for various publications. When he’s not writing about video games on FanFest.com you can find him on Broadway World or in Graffiti Magazine. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit his website at facebook.com/richardallenwrites