“I’ve got a really good feeling about this!”
Lucasfilm has pulled out all the stops for the Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra release of Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Solo takes viewers on a wildly adventurous and fun ride through the early life of the galaxy’s greatest scoundrel, Han Solo. The action-packed film explores Han’s iconic first encounters with the likes of his future co-pilot and friend Chewbacca as well as notorious swindler Lando Calrissian and more.
Helmed by Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard, the film stars Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Emilia Clarke as Qi’ra, Woody Harrelson as Beckett, and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.
Now, the most fun Star Wars film in decades is coming home for you to own on digital starting on September 14th and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand on September 25th.
In addition to the fun feature film, the home releases are jam-packed with extra bonus footage including discussions with the cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan, eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes, a special feature on the bond between Han and Chewbacca, a close-up look at the Millennium Falcon and much, much more!
Check out the brand new trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story‘s at-home release as well as a detailed list of bonus features below. Are you excited to own Solo: A Star Wars Story this September? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures, and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).