While perusing around Twitter for SDCC goodies, I discovered this nostalgia-inducing picture of the Nickelodeon booth, but more specifically Spongebob’s pineapple!
This got me thinking about how crazy it is that Spongebob Squarepants is still just as big of a deal today as it was when I was growing up. It’s stood the test of time and found a way to stay relevant through the changing forms of TV and media. I’m not really sure how, but Spongebob found a way to completely dominate the meme game, collectively making up some of the most relatable memes from any one show.
Let’s take a look, shall we?
1. When your mom wakes you up early on a Saturday morning to go run errands.
2. The only downside to that quality over quantity life.
3. A close second to forgetting to intercept your report card in the mail.
5. When it’s your problem, but really also not your problem, so you just pretend you didn’t see.
7. Spongebob is literally the epitome of skipping leg day.
8. This basically sums up every math class I was in growing up.
9. This is why you don’t go to college close to home.
11. When you’re proud of any accomplishment and will tell anyone who will listen.
12. The perfect time to reveal your secret Instagram fan account
13. Only to realize it’s in your other hand.
15. And $500 for a textbook you use once.
16. Still don’t really understand daylight savings time
18. And then someone says the exact thing you were going too and is praised by everyone.
20. And relish in that fleeting moment when everyone thinks you’re a genius.
22. Literally, the most infuriating thing ever.
Having studied Media & Writing at James Madison University, I always knew that I wanted to do some type of creative writing, but being able to write about zombies, Starks, and superheroes on a daily basis for Fan Fest is my actual dream. While I probably shouldn’t be as proud as I am to be so similar to Nick Miller, I do hope to one day write my own “Pepperwood Chronicles’.