Episode 7 of Season 2 is nigh, and there are a lot of questions to be answered. Episode 6 ended with Jamie’s arrest, Fergus’s disappearance, Claire’s labor, and Black Jack’s potential-lineage-ending wounding. Any of these alone could alter the course of the season, but all four happening simultaneously could mean a cataclysmic change for everyone. With the season half gone, there are just 7 episodes left to wrap up all the Paris plot lines, as well as explain just what will happen to Frank and Claire in the future. Here are the top five questions to which viewers are praying for answers.
- Will Claire and the baby survive? Claire went into labor at the end of episode 6, but it’s early for a safe delivery. There’s also the fact that she was out in the woods on the edge of Paris, instead of home or at L’Hopital with Mother Hildegard, at the time. Here’s hoping that the good Mother and her team of doctors can save Claire and the baby.
- What will happen to Jamie? Dueling is illegal in Paris in the 1700s, and Jamie was literally caught in the act. He and Claire are favorites of King Louie, but will that be enough to secure Jamie a royal pardon? Or will the King demand some form of payment from Jamie and Claire? Or even worse- will Jamie be handed over to Monsieur Forez, the royal-hangman-slash-charity-doctor?
- What happened to wee Fergus? The last time Fergus was seen, he was snooping through one of the bedrooms at Maison Elise. He is surprised by the sudden entrance of someone, but that someone is left unseen. However, Claire’s maid, Suzette, tells her that Jamie initiated the duel with Randall after a brawl at the Maison. Could Black Jack have been the stranger in the bedroom? And if so, just what did he do to Fergus?
- Will Black Jack survive? Jamie inflicted a wound on Black Jack during their duel in a rather sensitive place. As Black Jack was caught in an illegal act, it’s not clear what kind of medical treatment he can hope to receive. There’s also a strong possibility that he’ll end up at L’Hopital, where Claire is being rushed as well. What this means for his chances of survival, only time will tell.
- What does the future now hold? Even if Black Jack’s wound doesn’t prove to be fatal, it could very well ensure that he never sires Frank’s ancestor (or any children at all, for that matter). If that’s the case, then what happens to Frank? The first episode of the season showed viewers that Frank does indeed still exist in the 20th century, but will his ancestry still be the same? What other repercussions could this one change have on the future that Claire inevitably returns to?
Like the most finicky of gods, the show always provides all the answers but while taking its sweet time in doing so. With an episode title of, “Faith,” viewers may need to break out their rosaries to make it through this one. Episode 207 airs Saturday, May 21st at 9pm/8pm central on Starz. Catch up anytime on the Starz mobile app. Check back here for full episode recaps and previews each week.
Kade is often described as, “here just a minute ago” and can often be found just around the corner from where you’d expect. Approaching is not encouraged, unless you come with a strong wifi connection and a nice charcuterie board with gluten-free breads.