It’s finally here! The season four premiere is upon us at last. It’s been so many long months of rumors, speculations, and teases from the network, and now all that’s left is to sit back and find out what really does happen next in the land of opportunity. Before the beginning credits roll on Sunday night, let’s look at five possible things that “America The Beautiful” may give us.
1) A new theme song may play. Composer Bear McCreary has given fans nearly half a dozen versions of his iconic theme song over the course of the series, changing melodies and beats to fit new locations and challenges. Following that trend, the season four version may very well pay homage to early American music, while hopefully still retaining its soaring vocals.
2) New characters may be introduced. Stephen Bonnet has been teased so much that it’s almost like we already know him. But do we know the true Stephen? Will he be an ally to the Frasers, or will he become their newest adversary? And what other new faces will the gang encounter on their journey through the New World?
3) Old characters will be re-introduced. We’re going to say “will” instead of “may” here because we need this one to be true. Last season ended on an uncertain note. Jamie and Claire were told that there were other survivors of the hurricane, but it wasn’t revealed just who made it ashore. A show without Young Ian, Fergus, and Marsali is hardly worth watching, so here’s hoping that at least those three show back up. (We’re also 100% still hoping for Murtagh to reappear, especially now that everyone is on the same continent.)
4) Jamie and Claire will be in love. Another “will” instead of “may” because, well, it’s Outlander. There will always be love scenes between Jamie and Claire. As much as we’re here for Young Ian’s constant teenage angst and Fergus’s French smirk, we’re also here for every longing look and gentle caress between Jamie and Claire. And there’s a lot of them. Because it’s Outlander.
5) Jamie and Claire will fight. All right, we’ve left speculation behind entirely. We all know this one will happen too. Even the loving moments can get monotonous after a while. Luckily for fans, at least 75% of Jamie and Claire’s passion comes from their annoyance with each other. If Jamie isn’t being stubborn about something, Claire is upheaving the entire status quo. If Jamie isn’t trying to save Claire, Claire is trying to save the man who just tried to kill them. We can expect plenty of shouting matches between these two as they navigate their new world. We can also expect Jamie and Claire to always find their way back to each other afterwards though. Because it’s Outlander.
Outlander Season Four premieres on Sunday, November 4 at 8 pm EST on Starz. Viewers can watch on Starz, or stream on the Starz mobile app and Starz.com. We’ll be posting our usual episode preview each week, as well as continuing our “Skins vs Swords” episode recaps. Be sure to check back here to FanFest.com all season long to catch it all. Sound off in the comments and let us know what you are most looking forward to this season.
Kade is often described as, “here just a minute ago” and can often be found just around the corner from where you’d expect. Approaching is not encouraged, unless you come with a strong wifi connection and a nice charcuterie board with gluten-free breads.