The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally almost here! But with all the happiness that awaits, there is just as much trauma that needs to be addressed. Outlander is excellent about talking through things, and nothing remains a secret for long. Sometimes it’s a very hard conversation to have, but it does help everything work out for the best. While we wait for the truths to come out on Sunday, let’s look at five conversations that may be more awkward than “the birds and the bees” talk.
- Brianna and Lizzie. Lizzie saw Brianna leave the tavern with Roger, but she doesn’t know who he is or if he means Brianna any harm. They were gone for hours. It’s going to be a heartbroken and traumatized Brianna who returns to their room this week. Will she confide in Lizzie about what happened? Or will Lizzie be left wondering about the strange Scotsman?
- Roger and Stephen Bonnet. From what we see in the preview for this week, Captain Bonnet doesn’t regard Roger’s contract as fulfilled quite yet. Will Roger be forced to reboard the Gloriana? And if so, what will happen when he discovers what Stephen did to Bree?
- Brianna and Jamie. Also based on the preview, it looks like Jamie is finally going to get to meet his daughter! They’ve been waiting 20 years for this moment, and we have no idea how it is going to go. Will he believe Bree? Will he pass out like he did when Claire returned? And how will he react to the news that his daughter is now married?
- Jamie/ Claire/ Brianna and Young Ian. If Bree is back and meeting the rest of the family, chances are that she’ll have to be introduced to Young Ian. That’s going to take a lot of explaining, as Young Ian has no idea that he has a cousin, let alone one that has been living 200 years in the future. We’re hoping that his easy-going nature helps him accept this latest revelation. And that he listens to the message Bree is carrying from his father and writes to his mother more often.
- Brianna and Claire. Mother and daughter have quite a bit to talk about. Bree has endured a trip back in time, imprisonment at the hands of Laoghaire, a sea voyage, a marriage that seems to have lasted all of five hours, and an assault at the hands of Bonnet, all in an attempt to prevent her parents’ deaths. If that’s not worthy of an extended heart-to-heart talk, we don’t know what it. Bree is definitely going to need both of her parents if she is going to recover from all that she has faced.
Episode 409, “The Birds and The Bees,” airs Sunday, December 30th at 8 pm on Starz. Viewers can also watch on Starz.com and the Starz mobile app. Be sure to check back here to FanFest.com for a full episode recap and future episode previews.
Kade is often described as, “here just a minute ago” and can often be found just around the corner from where you’d expect. Approaching is not encouraged, unless you come with a strong wifi connection and a nice charcuterie board with gluten-free breads.