The newest Zelda game will be the 19th installation of the series, displaying the name The Legend of Zelda. Nintendo will be giving 500 people the opportunity to be the first in the world to play The Legend of Zelda for Wii U at its New York store.
On June 11, during “Super-Fan Signup Day,” the first 500 Nintendo fans in line will be given a wristband that can be exchanged for a ticket. This ticket guarantees a spot to play the game during selected time slots from June 14 to June 19. These 500 fans will be the first ever group of public people to test out the game. A once in a life-time opportunity.
“The six-day free event will begin at noon ET on June 14, when fans will be invited to watch gameplay of The Legend of Zelda live-streamed from Nintendo’s booth at this year’s E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles to the 15-foot gaming screen inside Nintendo NY,” the company explained.
“This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game. Then at 3 p.m. ET, the first of 500 fans will begin sampling the game for the first time.
“From June 15 to June 19, Nintendo experts will also be giving guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen for everyone to watch and enjoy. Several fans may even get the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. There will also be The Legend of Zelda trivia for a chance for fans to win fun prizes.”
Event details can be found below:
Super-Fan Signup Day
- June 11, 9 a.m. ET
Nintendo NY The Legend of Zelda experience
- June 14, noon-3 p.m. ET (Nintendo Treehouse: Live screening from E3)
- June 14, 3-8 p.m. ET (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (hands-on experience for fans with appointments)
- June 15-19, Nintendo NY store hours (guided game-play presentations with Nintendo experts and trivia)
Where: Nintendo NY, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020
- Excited Nintendo fans waiting in line to receive the chance to play the newest game in The Legend of Zelda series for the first time.
- Fans, including some who may come dressed in different costumes inspired by the Zelda series, playing the new The Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U console.
- The Nintendo NY store decorated to celebrate The Legend of Zelda.
- Group demos hosted by Nintendo representatives showing fans the extensive The Legend of Zelda demo.
The Legend of Zelda on Wii U was originally planned for a 2016 release, but ended up being postponed into 2017 so the team could “allow further improvement of quality.” The same game is also set to be a launch title for Nintendo’s next platform, the NX, which is due in March, 2017.
Check out the trailer below, which was originally released for the upcoming game back in 2014, when production had just begun:
Julia recently published her first novel, titled; Anomic. She is currently co-authoring a novel called ‘Snow Falls’. She has a B.A in Communications with concentrations in Professional Writing and Public Relations. She is also in the United States Army Reserves as a Military Police Officer, and is currently in the process of going back to school for her Masters Degree in Business. When she isn’t writing, she is co-owner of a film production studio called ‘Valentine Productions LLC’ and she frequently spends her weekends acting in films, or being a stuntwoman.