Oh Netflix, My Netflix. Another year of great content has quickly come and gone, which means that it’s time for Netflix to expose everyone’s viewing habits on the streaming platform. This year, they focused on Netflix original content, which brought series such as Haunting of Hill House, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Bodyguard, as well as films including To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and The Kissing Booth. Check out the lists below!
The Movies We Fell in Love with This Year:
We can all collectively blame Noah Centineo for how many times we rewatched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Here are the Netflix movies with the highest rewatch rate based on global viewing.
- The Kissing Booth
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Roxanne Roxanne
The Shows We Fell in Binge with This Year:
Everyone loves a good binge sesh, right? There’s nothing better than kicking it up on the couch for the day and continuously clicking “play next episode” for hours on hours. Here are the TV shows with the highest average watch time per viewing session, based on US viewing data.
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
The Stars We Fell in Love with This Year:
Netflix originals are starting to become the catalyst to stardom and they’ve crunched the numbers to prove it. These are the stars who saw the largest % growth in Instagram following since January.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Sierra Burgess is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
What were your favorite Netflix Originals to binge this year? You can see the graphic released by Netflix below!
Having studied Media & Writing at James Madison University, I always knew that I wanted to do some type of creative writing, but being able to write about zombies, Starks, and superheroes on a daily basis for Fan Fest is my actual dream. While I probably shouldn’t be as proud as I am to be so similar to Nick Miller, I do hope to one day write my own “Pepperwood Chronicles’.