Monday Night Match-Up: Thor vs. Superman
Published on May 23rd, 2016 | Updated on May 23rd, 2016 | By FanFest
Captain America: Civil War is still doing phenomenally well in the box office. In fact, it has become the biggest movie world-wide for 2016. The superhero face-off movie, in which ‘war’ is waged between Captain America and Iron Man has grossed approximately 942.9 million worldwide; and still climbing.
Looking at these statistics, had me ‘nerding out’ for another Monday Night DC vs Marvel superhero match-up. So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. More recently, you voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Both polls were incredibly close! Now, while all of these heroes have super-abilities, I began wondering what would happen if we upped it to the next level. How about a battle of two god-like heroes; Thor vs Superman?
One thing is for sure, they both possess supreme indomitable will, so neither one of them would go down easily.
Henry Cavill has recently brought the DC Universe superhero ‘Superman’ to life in the newest Batman film in the Batman Chronicles, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Chris Hemsworth has also made his mark on the superhero universe as Marvel’s ‘Thor’, playing the Asgardian God for multiple Marvel films. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
Just for fun, in honor of Captain America: Civil War and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, if these characters cinema personalities were to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other… Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome. It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
Thor Odinson (Marvel)
- Godlike Super-Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods.
- Invulnerability: Thor is invulnerable to such human ailments as diseases, toxins, poison, fire and even radiation poisoning.
- Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at extreme speeds. Not only can he fly himself at superhuman speeds, he can also throw Mjolnir at several times the speed of light.
- Superhuman Stamina: Thor’s advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human and most other Asgardians.
- Healing Factor: Due to Thor’s god-ly physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than a human being could.
- Flight: Thor has the ability to fly.
- Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel and manipulate thunder and lightning. He is also capable of summoning rain.
- Super Strength: Superman’s strength is so supreme that he has demonstrated the ability to lift items such as an airplane, a building and even planets.
- Flight: Superman has the ability to fly,
- Super Speed: Superman’s speed increased to the point where he could travel faster than light.
- Vision: In addition to X-ray vision and heat vision, Superman is also capable of seeing vast distances away, even across interstellar distances.
- Hearing: Superman could hear sound at almost any wavelength at extreme distances.
- Super Breath: Superman’s breath was capable of freezing objects and generating hurricane-force winds. He could also hold his breath for extended periods of time, allowing him to travel underwater or in space without breathing apparatus.
- Stamina: Superman absorbs his energy from the sun, and can go great extents without food or water.
- Healing factor: Superman could regenerate physical damage to his body at an accelerated rate.
Jules Vote: Tough one, but I’m gonna have to go with Thor on this one!
Who do you think would win?
Julia recently published her first novel, titled; Anomic. She is currently co-authoring a novel called ‘Snow Falls’. She has a B.A in Communications with concentrations in Professional Writing and Public Relations. She is also in the United States Army Reserves as a Military Police Officer, and is currently in the process of going back to school for her Masters Degree in Business. When she isn’t writing, she is co-owner of a film production studio called ‘Valentine Productions LLC’ and she frequently spends her weekends acting in films, or being a stuntwoman.
One thought on “Monday Night Match-Up: Thor vs. Superman”
In a cross over event in 2003, Superman beat Thor.