Well, it’s about that time for me to ‘nerd out’ for another Monday Night Match-up, DC vs Marvel style. So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. You voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Recently, Thor was voted to beat out Superman. All polls were incredibly close! Now, while all of these heroes have super-abilities, how about if we compare a hero and a villain. The Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) verses Deathstroke (Slade Wilson)!
One thing is for sure, given their enhanced abilities (Bucky with the Super-Soldier serum and Slade with the Mirakuru) neither one of them would go down easily.
Manu Bennett is famous for bringing the DC Universe villain Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke to life in the CW series Arrow. Sebastian Stan has also made his mark in the superhero universe as Marvel’s Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier, playing the Super Soldier for multiple Marvel films. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
You know the drill! If these characters cinema personalities were to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other… Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome. It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier) Abilities
- Bionic Arm: Bucky has some degree of superhuman strength in his bionic arm, and he can discharge an EMP rendering electronic devices useless.
- Enhanced Reaction Time: After receiving the Super-Soldier serum, he has an incredible reaction time due to his enhanced abilities.
- Master Martial Artist: Bucky is a dangerously skilled martial artist in hand-to-hand combatant. He received training from World War Two combatives, and he was trained in many more styles while being transformed into an assassin by the Soviet Union.
- Expert Marksman: He is an extremely accurate marksman.
- Peak Human Strength: Has shown near peak human level strength, agility and endurance.
- Espionage and Stealth: He is an expert in the field of espionage. He is also skilled in stealth.
- Expert Assassin: He is a master at stealth and tracking and is very intelligent, and he knows how to properly and skillfully track and eliminate any target that he is assigned.
Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) Abilities
- Enhanced physical condition: To save his life, Slade received the Mirakuru serum. Shortly after being injected, his stamina, agility, strength, durability and reflexes were significantly increased.
- Enhanced strength: Slade has demonstrated tremendous amounts of enhanced strength and durability.
- Enhanced senses: Slade was able to smell the TNT of a Japanese landmine strapped to one of the prisoners, discovering Oliver’s plan to overthrow him.
- Accelerated healing factor: The Mirakuru serum injection greatly enhanced Slade’s ability to heal, allowing him to rapidly recover from most injuries.
- Expert Marksman and Swordsman: Slade is shown to be an excellent marksman and a master swordsman.
- Master Martial artist: Slade is shown to have very advanced unarmed and close-range fighting skills.
- Master tactician: As a former member of ASIS (Australian Intelligence), Slade is very intelligent and a great tactician,
- Stealth: On multiple occasions, Slade was able to break into buildings and steal information without being seen on the security cameras. He was also able to sneak into the ‘Arrow-Cave’.
Jules Vote: Tough one, I’m gonna call this one a draw!
Who do you think would win?
Julia recently published her first novel, titled; Anomic. She is currently co-authoring a novel called ‘Snow Falls’. She has a B.A in Communications with concentrations in Professional Writing and Public Relations. She is also in the United States Army Reserves as a Military Police Officer, and is currently in the process of going back to school for her Masters Degree in Business. When she isn’t writing, she is co-owner of a film production studio called ‘Valentine Productions LLC’ and she frequently spends her weekends acting in films, or being a stuntwoman.