Monday, Monday, MONDAY! It’s Mooooonday everyone! You know what that means! It’s time for another ‘Monday Night Match-up’, DC vs Marvel style. So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. You voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Thor was voted to beat out Superman. Sara beat Natasha by the mere single digits. Recently Atom squashed Ant-Man in the final tally. All polls were incredibly close! Now, while all of these heroes have super-abilities, how about we talk about those of the more mystical realm? John Constantine and Ghost Rider.
Matt Ryan has made his mark in the DC Universe as John Constantine, bringing the character to life in the former NBC series Constantine. He also recently guest starred in an episode of Arrow. Nicholas Cage his mark in the superhero universe as Marvel’s Ghost Rider. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
You know the drill! If these characters cinema personalities were to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other… Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome. It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
John Constantine abilities and skills:
- Magic: John Constantine is a skilled magician, and frequently used his magic to assist himself in combat. Some of the magical forms that he practices are Divination, Demon Summoning, and Hypnosis and Necromancy.
- Wave Traveling: He has a supernatural ability to appear in the right place at exactly the right time.
- Mind Control: Constantine has the ability to command the mental faculties of other human beings.
- Deception: He is an excellent con artist and knows exactly how to get what he wants, when he wants it.
Johnny Blaze (Ghost Rider) skills and abilities:
- Superhuman Strength: Ghost Rider possesses superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Ghost rider’s mystical energy prevents fatigue.
- Superhuman Durability: Johnny is capable of withstanding incredible impact forces, and energy blasts.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: In the film, Ghost Rider was penetrated by multiple bullets. He was able to recover from these wounds with incredible speed.
- Fire Manipulation: Ghost Rider possesses the ability to generate, control, and project mystical fire at will.
- Penance Stare: He possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime for all eternity.
Jules Vote: My vote is going to go with Constantine. I feel as though given his art of deception, he would be able to somehow trick Ghost Rider to turn back into his Johnny Blaze form… after suffering an extremely heavy beating from Ghost Rider.
Sources: MCU/DC Comics
Julia recently published her first novel, titled; Anomic. She is currently co-authoring a novel called ‘Snow Falls’. She has a B.A in Communications with concentrations in Professional Writing and Public Relations. She is also in the United States Army Reserves as a Military Police Officer, and is currently in the process of going back to school for her Masters Degree in Business. When she isn’t writing, she is co-owner of a film production studio called ‘Valentine Productions LLC’ and she frequently spends her weekends acting in films, or being a stuntwoman.