Jan Lewan Net Worth: $6 Million
|Real Name||Jan Lewandowski|
|Mononym (Nick Name)||Jan Lewan|
|Born In||Bydgoszcz, Poland|
|Age||81 years old|
|Heights in Feet||5 feet and 10 inches|
|Heights in cm||179 cm|
|Weight(s) in pound||171 pounds|
|Dates with||To be Updated|
|Children||Yes( Daniel Lewandowski)|
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
Jan Lewan, a renowned polka vocalist, earned a Grammy Award nomination for his notable contributions. His ensemble, Jan Lewan and His Orchestra, received a Grammy nod for the Best Polka Album of 1995.
However, Lewan’s fame is accompanied by allegations of jeopardizing his investors’ funds. In 2001, he faced charges related to orchestrating a Ponzi scheme and deceiving investors, putting their financial well-being at risk.
The musician was found guilty of duping around 400 investors across 22 states, resulting in losses totaling approximately $5 million. In 2009, he entered a plea of guilt and was subsequently sentenced to a five-year prison term.
How much is the Net worth of Jan Lewan?
Jan Lewan has a net worth of $6 million. An Lewandowski, commonly known as Jan Lewan, was a Polish-American songwriter born during World War II in Ydgocz to an old family. He became an entertainer in Europe and toured the world, performing in prestigious halls and hotels.
How old is Jan Lewan?
Jan came into the world in Poland during the Nazi occupation in 1941, facing the challenges of a tumultuous era. Fast forward to 2023, and he has reached the age of 81, having witnessed and experienced a lifetime of historical changes.
Who is Jan Lewan Wife?
As of the present moment, Jan’s relationship status remains undisclosed. Nonetheless, he entered into matrimony with Rhonda Lewan Saive, a previous titleholder of Mrs. Pennsylvania. It was during his challenging period in Pennsylvania that he first crossed paths with her.
Married and Children
The pair tied the knot and welcomed two children into their lives: a son named Daniel Lewan and a daughter named Amber Lewan. Daniel has since become a married man and a father to a son named Tyler, currently working as a hotel general manager. Meanwhile, Amber has pursued a career as a professional chef and entered into matrimony on October 14, 2018. The family has grown, with the patriarch now enjoying the role of a grandfather to Daniel’s son.
His former spouse, in contrast, now has a separate family and is wedded to Steve Saive, a former trumpeter from Jan’s orchestra. She has been happily remarried since 2010.
Facts About Jan Lewan Including Age :
- Jan was born in Nazi-occupied Poland in 1942, at a difficult time.
- He worked jobs like garbage collection and lifting carcasses in a meat factory after immigrating to the United States in 1971.
- Two of his band members died in 2001 when the tour bus driver fell asleep behind the wheel. In addition, the driver was none other than Steve Saive, another member of his band and Rhonda’s current husband.
- Daniel, his son, was severely injured as a result of the accident. He did, however, make it out alive.
- His life story inspired Netflix’s 2017 film The Polka Kind, which starred Jack Black as his character.
- Surprisingly, the musician and his business partners were given the opportunity to meet and greet the late Pope John Paul II. But it’s still a mystery how he managed it.
- For seven years, the singer hosted his local TV show on a Fox-affiliated station in northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Renowned Polish-American polka artist Jan Lewan faced a career high with a Grammy nomination in 1995 but took a drastic turn when accused of running a Ponzi scheme in 2001. This led to a five-year prison sentence for defrauding around 400 investors, resulting in losses of $5 million. As of 2023, Jan’s net worth is $6 million.
- Born in 1941 during the Nazi occupation, Jan is now 81. The article touches on his family life, marriage to Rhonda Lewan Saive, and the tragic 2001 tour bus accident that claimed two band members’ lives, including Rhonda’s husband Steve Saive. Despite adversity, Jan’s life inspired the 2017 Netflix film “The Polka Kind” starring Jack Black. The piece also notes his mysterious meeting with Pope John Paul II and his seven-year stint hosting a local TV show in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Micajah McGregor, Editor in Chief of FanFest.com and renowned entertainment journalist, graduated from USC with a focus on Journalism and Film Studies. With an MBA from The Wharton School, he began his career at “PopCulture Pulse” and has been instrumental in shaping FanFest into a prime entertainment news source. Known for his financial analysis of celebrity net worths, Micajah received the ‘Digital Editor of the Year’ award in 2018. He’s also an active blogger, sharing his passion for superhero films and ’90s TV. Contact him at [email protected] for engaging entertainment insights.