I was a fan of Heroes & Villains Fan Fest long before I started writing for Fan Fest; and what I always admired about the con how it wasn’t just “going to a convention to get an autograph” but actually going to a convention to have a dialogue with those heroes and actors. It’s a chance for the actors to show fans how much they appreciate them as well as a chance for fans to show the actors how much they means to them (the viewers). And whereas all fans show their love in different ways, it is the cosplayers who truly bring something unique to the table.
This past Heroes & Villains NY/NJ was no exception and there were loads of talented cosplayers – both veteran and first timers. Here’s a few that stood out on Saturday! (For Cosplayer credits/ social media links, see below)
- Black Siren – Sheikahchica Cosplay
- Green Arrow (CW) – The Kid In Me Cosplay
- Green Arrow (comic) – Kid Kryptonite 89
- Black Canary (comic) – Jackie Skye
- Supergirl (CW) – Casey O’Donnell
- Wonder Woman – Riley Featherston
- Wonder Woman (movie) – Tashiptogeekgirl
- Pokemon Trainers – Roberto Arias (left), Alexandra Santiago (right)
- Batman – Dark Knight Of PA
Joe primarily covers video games news (i.e.: Pokemon, Spyro & Destiny) as well as the occasional ‘Theory Thursday’ pieces. Before writing for FanFest, Joe was the Creator & Editor of TheInsightfulPanda.com. He is also an illustrator and is currently working on Season 3 of his not-for-profit, fan-art crossover series PokéRangers on Instagram.