Oh, bother. One of the most wonderous and beloved films of the year is coming to home video next month and we can’t wait!
The heartwarming story of Christopher Robin and his Hundred Acre Wood friends – Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, Owl and more – will be yours to own on Blu-ray/DVD and Digital on November 6th. For the first time in this film, the beloved characters are shown in live-action format.
The film, based on A.A. Milne’s beloved stories and characters, follows Winnie the Pooh and friends as they venture into mid-century London to help a grown-up Christopher Robin (played by Ewan McGregor). In addition to McGregor, the film also stars Golden Globe nominee Hayley Atwell as his wife, Evelyn; Bronte Carmichael as his daughter, Madeline; and Emmy winner Mark Gatiss as Giles Winslow, Robin’s boss. The film also features the voices of Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, three-time Emmy winner Brad Garrett as Eeyore, Golden Globe nominee Toby Jones as Owl, Nick Mohammed as Piglet, Oscar winner Peter Capaldi as Rabbit and Oscar nominee and Tony Award winner Sophie Okonedo as Kanga.
Christopher Robin will be available in several different formats including Digital HD/SD and Multi-Screen Blu-ray/DVD/Digital or single DVD. The upcoming home release will be packed with bonus features which provide a heartfelt look at the making of the film, the artistry behind bringing these classic characters to life and much more. Each format will have special features which are listed below.
Blu-ray and Digital HD Features:
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winne the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
Exclusive Digital Bonus Feature:
- In Which … We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
Christopher Robin is directed by Golden Globe nominee Marc Forster with a screenplay by Alex Ross Perry, Oscar winner Tom McCarthy, and Oscar nominee Allison Schroeder. The story is by Greg Brooker and Mark Steven Johnson based on characters created by A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard. Brigham Taylor and Kristin Burr produce along with Renée Wolfe and Jeremy Johns serving as executive producers.
Christopher Robin can be yours on November 6, 2018.
Are you excited to own this adorable film? Tell us your favorite part in the comment section below.
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).