We are just over a month away from the most exciting and fin-tastic week of the year – Shark Week! This year’s programming promises to be bigger and better than ever, so it’s time to start prepping for your viewing parties.
Luckily for you, and just in time for the epic 30th-anniversary celebration of Shark Week, Discovery is bringing fans an awesome line of sharky products that you won’t want to miss. They have everything including bathing suits, socks, sunglasses, pool floats, Build-a-Bear (or should we say, Build-a-Shark) plushes, mobile games and more!
Discovery has lined up some special partnerships to celebrate Shark Week’s 30th anniversary in a big way including vineyard vines, Swedish Fish, Build-a-Bear, Philip Colbert, Knockaround, and many more.
Each year, the weeklong sharky celebration focuses on educating the public about these amazing animals while also throwing in some awesomely fun programs like last year’s Phelps Vs. Shark show.
More details on this year’s programming should be announced soon, but until then, check out the awesome product descriptions below so you can stock up on your shark-tastic merchandise in time for the celebration.
The 30th annual Shark Week begins Sunday, July 22nd only on Discovery Channel.
APPAREL & ACCESSORIES:
- The company is best known for its whimsical neckties and smiling pink whale logo, Vineyard Vines is celebrating 20 years of business in 2018. In collaboration with Discovery Consumer Products, Vineyard Vines will be offering a line of more than 40 exclusive Shark Week products including apparel, neckties, headwear, swimwear, towels, beach totes, and drinkware.
- Founded in 2005 and based in San Diego, Knockaround is the original, affordable Southern California sunglasses company. Centered around a sunglasses line that is both practical and stylish, Knockaround provides high-quality sunglasses that won’t break the bank. In collaboration with Discovery, Knockaround will be offering its 4th exclusive Shark Week collaboration in 2018, available online only at www.knockaround.com.
- DISCOVERY SHARK is a new fashion collection with a bit of bite is about to take style aficionados for a swim with the sharks. Discovery Consumer Products is collaborating on a new line of clothing and accessories with renowned British POP artist Philip Colbert of THE RODNIK BAND called DISCOVERY SHARK. Exclusive DISCOVERY SHARK products include women’s fashion, headwear, and accessories collection including a shark-shaped handbag. With the launch of DISCOVERY SHARK, Discovery takes their love of sharks and the oceans to a new level.
- Freestyle Watches will be offering 5 styles of Shark Week watches available at Ron Jon surf shops and independent water and dive shops nationwide.
- SprayGround Backpacks will be offering an exclusive Shark Week themed backpack to be sold at specialty stores and online at www.sprayground.com.
Tidal New York
- Tidal New York will be offering men’s and women’s flip flops available online at www.tidalnewyork.com.
- Sock Fancy will be partnering with Discovery Consumer Products to produce a limited-edition collection of six Shark Week themed socks. Each design will be available as a one-off purchase by the pair as well as a bundled six-pack box option.
Crazyboxer – Boxers
- Colorful boxers for men & boys available at Spencer’s, Meijer, & Bealls
- Selection of exclusive Shark Week t-shirts
TOYS, GAMES & NOVELTIES:
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, a global interactive destination for creating customized furry friends, has partnered with Discovery Consumer Products this year for a special Shark Week 30th Anniversary collaboration. Beginning in late May, Build-A-Bear will offer two exclusive Shark Week furry friends—including a Make-Your-Own Great White plush and a Make-Your-Own Hammerhead plush—plus, coordinating clothing options, including two Tank Top and Board Short sets and a Shark Week Hoodie.
- Discovery Channel is teaming up with SWEDISH FISH candy for Discovery Channel’s SHARK WEEK 30th anniversary and the launch of new SWEDISH FISH Mini Tropical flavored candy. In addition to being the official candy sponsor of SHARK WEEK, the brands are working together on a 360 partnership reaching fans in-stores, traditional spots, sweepstakes and a new mobile game, SWEDISH FISH CHOMPED. The game, developed by Vayner Media, allows users to act as a shark, trying to eat as much SWEDISH FISH candy as possible without chomping any coral or jellyfish.
- Just in time for summer Shark Week has teamed up with Bestway to produce an exclusive line of pool inflatables for Walmart and Walmart.com. The collection encompasses three jumbo 8’ long sharks including a Hammerhead, a Tiger Shark, and the fascinating Great White. The collection retails for $29.99.
- Selection of 4 shark toys including an Isle of Jaws Playset, a Shark Rescue Transit, a Shark Hands with Sound, and a Figure Set
- Plush Shark toys and backpack clips retailing for $5-$15
- Exclusive selection of shark-themed beach towels and throw blankets
- Shark Week themed toys including Shark Heads filled with slime or magic sand, Shark foam balls, 18” Shark Head Grabber, and a Shark Bite Game
- 2 Shark Week slot machine games currently under construction, Shark Week Arena and Shark Week: Jaws of Steel.
- The Official Shark Week Box is a limited edition, one-time delivery full of one-of-a-kind Shark Week apparel, goodies, and collectibles. Each Shark Week Box contains expertly curated items chosen to surprise and enhance the Shark Week viewing experience, including a limited-edition Shark Week 30th Anniversary bobblehead, interactive games and more. Plus, 300 randomly selected subscription boxes will be outfitted with a special gold-colored Shark Week bobblehead.
Discovery Sharkopedia (TIME)
- Celebrate Discovery Shark Week all year long with Discovery Sharkopedia, the definitive visual guide to everything there is to know about sharks! With more than 400 incredible color photos of the world’s most infamous sharks, including great white, bull, and tiger sharks, Sharkopedia explores the evolution of sharks-did you know sharks have been swimming in the world’s oceans since before dinosaurs roamed the earth?-and introduces kids to almost 500 known shark species with close-up portraits of each and fun “fin facts” throughout.
Sharks: The Definitive Handbook (Topix)
- Discovery presents Sharks: The Definitive Handbook. An official companion piece to Discovery’s Shark Week, this 100-page, collector’s edition showcases dozens of incredible images of these fascinating predators, in addition to telling shark fans everything they need to know about the ocean’s fiercest hunters. Available on newsstands on 7/10/18.
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).