On Tuesday, Marvel Studios dropped the bomb with a thrilling video announcement of Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine’s return. Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman appeared in a video message directed by Deadpool 3 director Shawn Levy that was released on Reynolds’ social media accounts early Tuesday afternoon, exploding across the internet shortly thereafter. While virtually everyone else in the world was in shock over Jackman’s return until Tuesday, creator Rob Liefeld received a heads-up.
In an interview with ComicBook.com‘s Brandon Davis, Liefeld says that he found out from a friendly source in the industry that Jackman had secretly agreed to return to his Wolverine role years before the public
He calls me and says, ‘Dude, Hugh is signed on Wolverine is back They are doing it Don’t doubt me I have it locked The deal is done They’re doing it,'”These performers, maybe they need some time away, but the point is—the day after the Disney meeting, I had an industry friend who has never been wrong and quite powerful in the entertainment business. He calls me and says, ‘Dude, Hugh is signed on. Wolverine is back. They are doing it. Don’t doubt me. I have it locked. The deal is done. They’re doing it,'”I knew when they wanted to film and kind of all that production information and all that information seems to be right on target, but nobody knew when they were going to announce it.”
The previously-planned February 2024 release date for Marvel Studios’ thirdquel was pushed to September earlier this month. Many people thought the Reynolds-led sequel would be released on that date—and they were correct.
Timothy is a senior writer based in Atlanta, specializing in celebrity-related news. She is always ready to cover trending TV stories with an unbiased perspective and a pinch of gossip.