The Colony season 2 premiere reveals key events leading up to the occupation of Los Angeles. Most of the episode was a flashback leading up to the actual “Arrival” of the mysterious hosts.
Colony season 2 episode 1 titled “Eleven.Thirteen” flashes back to the day of “The Arrival” of the mysterious hosts who have taken over Los Angeles, and presumably other areas of the United States and more. Let’s take a look at everyone’s whereabouts.
Who, what, where
- Will Bowman — Will is an FBI agent working on a task force with partner Devon Howard. Will has suspicions about the ethics of his partner.
- Katie Bowman — Katie extends her support to Will in whatever decision he makes about his partnership with Devon. She drops off Charlie and goes to open The Yonk. The television at the bar is on the fritz.
- Devon Howard — Devon picks up Will for work at his house. The two stop for breakfast where they discuss Devon’s purchase of a house in Santa Monica. Will tells Devon he is going to request a transfer.
- Eric Broussard — Broussard arrives back in town presumably from some sort of mission. He visits his ailing mother at home and stops at The Yonk where he shares a drink with Katie. The pair discuss military life and Broussard tries to fix the bar television. He finds that the satellite connection is down.
- Alan Snyder — Alan arrives at work where he is the Purchasing Manager for a small college (definitely not Stanford as we were led to believe last season). Two men meet with him there attempting to recruit him for a new position with the Institute for Global Advancement.
Several events take place that shift our characters into a state of high alert.
- Will and Devon arrive at their FBI office and learn that seven VIPs have gone missing overnight. The pair is able to track down one of the VIPs, an engineer who has escaped to his panic room when abduction was attempted. They bring the engineer back to their office safely but suspect an impending sense of doom as power outages unfold.
- Devon has a gut feeling that things are about to turn bad quickly. She tells Will they need to leave now, but Will insists that they are needed to assist with the threats at hand. Devon dismisses Will and flees the office.
- Back at The Yonk, Broussard receives a concerning phone call and quickly leaves the bar, but not before giving Katie a number where she can reach him if she ever needs help. Mysterious!
- Katie then receives a call from Will telling her to pick up the kids and return to The Yonk. He explains that something is not right and he will meet them there in a couple of hours.
- Katie calls her sister Maddie and explains that she and her son, Hudson, need to meet them at The Yonk as well. Maddie is panicked as her husband, Rob, is currently on an airplane.
- Katie retrieves both Bram and Gracie from school, but all the cars stop working before she can get to Charlie.
- Electronics and satellite equipment are failing all around them. Equipment failures abound. There is talk of an attack on EMP (electromagnetic pulse) systems.
- Meanwhile, Alan Snyder arrives at a secret location where he enters a refrigerated area wearing headphones. He encounters some sort of alien figure. Indeed, we are dealing with some sort of extra-terrestrial hosts.
— Colony USA (@ColonyUSA) January 13, 2017
- Alan is given the opportunity to sequester one other person. He tries to convince his ex-wife to leave town but she refuses. Now it is too late. The two recruiters from the Institute for Global Advancement arrive quickly behind him and forcibly remove Alan’s ex once he confirms that his daughter is the one he chooses to be sequestered.
- Alan is taken to a location where he meets Helena (Chief of Staff for the Governor General). He enters a cave like structure with other proxy governors.
- Nightfall has arrived and Katie has returned to The Yonk with Bram and Gracie. Will arrives and learns they were unable to get Charlie. He decides to go on bicycle to get Charlie. Maddie and Hudson arrive at The Yonk as well.
- Broussard has collected extensive ammunition from his home and meets up with other military personnel at the VFW. He suspects it is not smart for so much military force to be assembled under one roof and decides to leave. The entire building blows up behind him just after leaving.
- Broussard returns home to learn that his mother has flatlined, most likely due her equipment failing. He is unable to resuscitate her.
- As Will approaches Santa Monica, large blocks begin falling from the sky. The blocks join together as they approach the ground forming the wall that separates the blocs. He can no longer reach Santa Monica.
And that, my fellow viewers, was “The Arrival”.
The episode flashes forward to present day.
There’s no more waiting.
— Colony USA (@ColonyUSA) January 13, 2017
- Will is on the other side of the wall having received the transit pass from Snyder at the end of season one. Santa Monica is in disarray and occupants have to fend for themselves and make deals and trades to survive.
- Katie arrives at a prison type location where she reunites briefly with Bram. Maddie has been able to pull some strings so that Katie can visit Bram, but she is not allowed to hug him or make any physical contact. It is heartbreaking. Bram learns that Maddie does not have enough influence to get him released.
- Will tries to find Solomon to inquire about Charlie’s whereabouts. His efforts are unsuccessful and he is attacked and stabbed. He escapes the attackers but is wounded. He arrives at a house looking for help. Who does he know there in Santa Monica, you ask? Devon steps outside!
And that’s where the first episode of Colony season 2 ends. The two FBI partners are reunited. But will Devon help Will after he questioned her ethics? Can she be trusted? New questions, new season.
Be sure to tune in next Thursday for the second installment of Colony‘s sophomore season on USA Network.
Writer, interviewer in metro Atlanta. Always ready to talk TV and movies. Wife, mom, special needs advocate.