The highly-acclaimed first season of Star Trek: Discovery is coming soon to Blu-ray and DVD!
From CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution, the first season hits shelves on November 13th and will be sold in a four-disc Blu-ray and DVD collections. The discs will feature the entire first season of the series which aired on CBS All Access as well as tons of bonus special features which fans are sure to love. Special features include cast and crew interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, and deleted and extended scenes.
Check out the Blu-ray and DVD release trailer below.
Check out the list and descriptions of the bonus featurettes below.
- DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers, and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about the casting of the debut season.
- THE STAR TREK THEME – A discussion with executive producer Alex Kurtzman and composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discovery theme and score for the show.
- CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
- CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
- PROP ME UP – Led by propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discoveryprops, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
- FEEDING FRENZY – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
- A FEMALE TOUCH – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms, and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
After the first episode premiered on CBS network, Star Trek: Discovery fueled a record-breaking number of sign-ups for the premium streaming service, CBS All Access. Star Trek: Discovery has been well received amongst fans and critics alike as it stays true to the Star Trek legacy while also providing groundbreaking additions to the series.
Star Trek: Discovery is heading into its second season on CBS All Access. The series just debuted a brand new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con last month which teases the arrival of an iconic franchise character, Spock. We can’t wait to see what happens next on the series.
Did you love the first season of Star Trek: Discovery? Are you excited about the upcoming second season? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
A karaoke obsessed, craft beer enthusiast and lover of all things pop culture, Denise enjoys all facets of entertainment from Broadway to box office blockbusters. In her spare time, she enjoys photography, concerts (lots and lots of concerts), volunteering, reading and playing with her rescue kitten, Samantha (who rescued who, right?).