Just two episodes remain in the series, and it all comes down to Captain Flint. He’s the one who started the war between the pirates and civilization, and he’s going to be the one to end it. Unfortunately for him, there are a growing number of people who would like to see it end with his death. Here are 5 people who want Captain Flint dead.
1. Jack Rackham. He secured his deal with Madame Guthrie, but one of her terms is that Jack kill Captain Flint. He sailed back to the Caribbean to do just that, and found a very interesting source of information at the end of last episode. Will this mysterious survivor lead Jack to Captain Flint and Skeleton Island, or will Jack’s dreams of success fall through yet again?
2. John Silver. In one of the most surprising twists from last episode, the alliance between Flint and Silver has been broken. After finding out that Silver promised the cache to Rogers in exchange for Madi, Flint stole the cache in the middle of the night. Silver made it very clear to Flint that he would always chose Madi over the war, so it should come as no surprise to anyone when he does just that.
3. Israel Hand. The motives driving Hand may be the most straightforward of any pirate. He’s loyal to Silver and will do whatever it takes to see him installed as the true King of New Providence Island. Hand has no patience for Flint’s talk of diplomacy and shared power structures. He’s been trying to convince Silver to drop Flint since the second episode of the season. When Hand discovered Flint stealing the cache, he could have killed him then and ended everyone’s troubles. Instead, he made sure that Silver saw the betrayal himself, and drove a deeper wedge between Flint and Silver than Rogers and the British could have hoped for.
4. Billy Bones. Anytime Billy is involved in a plan, there’s a 99% chance that the plan will go awry. He’s now joined forced with Governor Rogers and is intent on seeing both Flint and Silver pay for their betrayal. He claimed that breaking Flint and Silver apart will lead to their downfall, but will that actually happen? And if the British do win the war, what will happen to Billy?
5. Governor Rogers. It’s been Rogers vs Flint since Rogers arrived on New Providence Island last season. Their respective armies have faced off countless times, but those men have been left back in Nassau. Now it’s just Flint’s crew vs Rogers’ crew in a narrow inlet of Skeleton Island. It’s pretty clear that while two ships sailed in, only one will leave victorious. The question is, who will it be?
Episode 409, “XXXVII,” premieres Sunday March 26th at 9 pm eastern/ 8 pm central on Starz. Subscribers can also watch full episodes online or on the Starz mobile app. Check back to FanFest.com for episode previews, sneak peeks, and recaps.
Kade is often described as, “here just a minute ago” and can often be found just around the corner from where you’d expect. Approaching is not encouraged, unless you come with a strong wifi connection and a nice charcuterie board with gluten-free breads.