Confusion is the name of the game heading into episode 405, “XXXIII.” Large blows have been dealt to both sides, power and fortunes have changed hands, and it’s just now the midpoint of the season. In honor of all the viewers who have no idea where the rest of the season will go, here are five people who also have no idea what’s going on.
1) Billy Bones. He’s still on the same side of the war as Flint and Silver but his attempted mutiny has left those relationships strained, to say the least. Billy is still very much outside of the information loop, despite having some valuable information of his own. He wasn’t present for Eleanor’s peace offer to Flint and Silver, and there’s no telling how he’ll react when he finds out.
2) Governor Rogers. It’s never a good idea to keep the leader of an army in the dark, especially when that leader has shown that he has no problem with horrific acts of torture. Rogers raced back to Nassau as soon as he heard that it had fallen into the hands of the pirates. Now he’s sitting in the harbor preparing to reclaim his town, while his wife hides her pregnancy and makes secret deals in underground tunnels. Will he wait for more information on the situation, or will he do something that he’ll regret?
3) Captain Flint. He’s established his new Captain’s Council, and he’s definitely still the one calling most of the shots in the war. However, he’s now turned himself over to Eleanor as collateral, and left the fulfillment of his plan in Silver’s hands. If Silver fails to hold up the pirates’ end of the bargain, Flint could lose his life.
4) Jack Rackham. He and Anne have secured the freedom of their remaining crew members, but it’s unclear who all made it out alive. The surviving crew members know exactly who Governor Woodes Rogers really is, but they’ll have to make it back to Nassau in time to tell the other pirates. They’ve missed quite a few developments on land, though, and all of those will affect their chances of a successful return. Can Jack get his crew back to a safe harbor in time?
5) Long John Silver. For someone who is at the center of so many people’s plans, Silver certainly doesn’t have a clear path in front of him. He knows about Eleanor’s offer, he knows what Billy is really thinking, he even knows that Governor Rogers has sailed back into the harbor with cannons blazing. Despite all this knowledge, Silver still doesn’t know what to do. He’s being touted as the King of Nassau, but can he handle the crown? Or will the King fall before his reign ever truly begins?
Episode 405, “XXXIII,” premieres Sunday February 26th at 9 pm eastern/ 8 pm central on Starz. Subscribers can also watch full episodes online or on the Starz mobile app. Check back to FanFest.com for episode previews, sneak peeks, and recaps.
Kade is often described as, “here just a minute ago” and can often be found just around the corner from where you’d expect. Approaching is not encouraged, unless you come with a strong wifi connection and a nice charcuterie board with gluten-free breads.