Arcade1Up has announced a partial list of their upcoming 2019 arcade releases, including Mortal Kombat II, Final Fight, Golden Tee, Space Invaders and Karate Champ.
If you’re not aware of what Arcade1Up is, you can check out my previous article detailing the company. To sum it up, they are a company making “officially licensed arcade cabinets made to fit your home or office.” (Quote pulled from their website). Essentially, they create arcade cabinets that are around 3/4ths the size of a regular arcade and hover right around 60 lbs., making them manageable to purchase at a store like Wal-Mart and then take home and assemble on your own.
I’m not sure what other arcade cabinets, if any, will be announced although Arcade1Up’s official Facebook has assured its fans that they will be revealing their 2019 plans today, January 8th, 2019, at CES in Las Vegas.
For now, we can mainly speculate on what games are coming and what games will be included on the currently announced cabs.
- It seems Mortal Kombat will have at least Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II, judging by the marquee and the name on the kickplate. Mortal Kombat 3 is possible as well as savvy fans have noticed the inclusion of an extra button which many believe to be the “run” button.
- Final Fight is easier to guess as it was previously announced and will include Final Fight, Strider, 1944 and Ghosts ‘N Goblins.
- Golden Tee, a bar favorite for as long as I can remember, looks as if it will include Golden Tee, Golden Tee 2K, Golden Tee 99 and Golden Tee 98.
- Space Invaders is new to the US but has previously been released in other territories and currently includes Space Invaders Original and Space Invaders Color, although I can’t say for sure that those same games will be included in the US release.
- Finally, there’s Karate Champ which does not have a picture, therefore I can’t speculate much about it. I assume it will be in its own cab along with a few other games, but that’s about as far as I can go with my guesses for now.
Various individuals on Reddit and Youtube who have been roaming the halls of CES 2019 have commented saying there is at least one more arcade cabinet to be announced along with many other products, although they have not specified what those products may be (As always, take any information from strangers on the Internet with a grain of salt). Fans on The Official Arcade1Up Fan Page have pleaded with Arcade1Up to produce light up marquees, so there is a possibility that could be one of the new products. Stools and other accessories for the arcade machines could also be announced.
Stay tuned to Fan Fest for more information as it becomes available.
Are you a fan of Mortal Kombat, Final Fight, Golden Tee, Space Invaders or Karate Champ? What games are you hoping Arcade1Up will release next? Let us know in the comments!
Richard Allen is a freelance writer and contributing editor for various publications. When he’s not writing about video games on FanFest.com you can find him on Broadway World or in Graffiti Magazine. He can be contacted via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit his website at facebook.com/richardallenwrites