Destroy All Humans, THQ Nordic’s wildly popular 2005 PlayStation 2 release, is being updated using the Unreal Engine 4 by THQ Nordic’s internal development team Black Forest Games, and will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2020 just in time for the Destroy All Humans‘ series 15th anniversary.
in Destroy All Humans players take control of Crypto – an alien warrior in the midst of an invasion – as he navigates Earth during the 1950’s. Crypto has been updated with increased agility and the ability to use his psychic skills and guns in unison, allowing for a smoother gaming experience. While many aspects of the game are being updated, no worries – the quirky dialogue and laugh out loud humor which made the game a cult classic will not be touched.
Crypto is on a mission to harvest human DNA and bring down the American government armed with an assortment of psychic abilities, weapons, and even a spaceship. Players will:
- Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story
- (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created
- Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory
- Enjoy Crypto’s unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun
- Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy
- Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects
- Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack
- Obliterate humanity’s primitive architecture with your flying saucer
- Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
A few screenshots of the remake have been released so far, you can view them below:
A cinematic trailer has also been released:
We will update as more information becomes available.
Are you excited for the Destroy All Humans remake? Were you a fan of the original game? Let us know in the comments!