With just over 2 months to go, Warner Bros have released another short trailer for the brand new Godzilla movie and it is glorious!
I cannot describe my excitement for this film and this 1 minute trailer just escalated my hype to a whole new level.
Just so everyone is familiar, here is the official synopsis:
The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
This trailer gives us a brand new look at the monstrous and powerful Kaiju. Ghidorah absolutely stole the show in this trailer and it looks as though it will be Ghidorah Vs Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and whatever the human characters can muster. But considering that guns seem to have no effect on Rodan who doesn’t even flinch at the sight of machine guns and rockets, I doubt the humans will be able to help a lot.
There are a few things to mention here. These ideas are just what I picked up on and are in no way official.
- It seems that each monster will have a crack at taking Ghidorah on which is definitely not a good idea. What I think will happen is that each monster will have a solo battle with Ghidorah before teaming up.
- Mark Russell’s character says “This time we join him”. Two thoughts crossed my mind. This could be a reference to the military’s absence during the MUTO fight in the first film, or it could be referring to the military’s involvement after Godzilla takes a beating.
- These monsters are actually referred to by their names.
- RIP Rodan. Like I said, nothing is official but just by looking at Rodan’s encounter with Ghidorah it seems that our Pteranodon friend is in a bit of trouble.
- “beautiful”. Thank you Ken Watanabe, you took the word right out of my mouth. This film looks absolutely beautiful.
Did you spot anything in the trailer? I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Godzilla: King of the Monsters, which hits theaters May 31, 2019, also stars Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Bradley Whitford, Thomas Middleditch, Charles Dance, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Aisha Hinds, and Zhang Ziyi.