In my previous article I speculated about the announcement being made by Arcade1Up at today’s CES. Well there is no need to speculate now as an official announcement has been made by Arcade1Up detailing their plans for 2019.
Let’s start with the arcade cabinets being released this year (Information pulled directly from Tastemakers LLC’s press release):
- Final Fight Cabinet (Feb): Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts ‘N Goblins, Strider FINAL FIGHT® ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 1989, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. GHOSTS ‘GOBLINS® ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 1985, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. STRIDER® ©MOTO KIKAKU. ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 1989, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 1944: THE LOOP MASTER ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2000, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Space Invaders Cabinet (Feb): Space Invaders Color, Space Invaders Black and White ©TAITO CORPORATION 1978, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Golden Tee Cabinet (June):GT Classic ’01, Golden Tee ‘2k, Golden Tee ’99, Golden Tee ’98GOLDEN TEE® GOLF, ITS®, INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGIES®, IT®, and IT incredible TECHNOLOGIES® are the properties of Incredible Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © Copyright 2018 Incredible Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable law. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- Mortal Kombat Cabinet (Sept): Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 3 MORTAL KOMBAT KLASSIC and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB Games Logo: TM & © WBEI. (S15)
- Karate Champ Cabinet (Sept): Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, Caveman Ninja ©G-MODE Corporation DATA EAST and the DATA EAST logo(s) are trademarks in United States and other countries or registered trademarks in European Union and Japan of G-Mode Corporation
Surprisingly, all five machines are not being released at once in March as many previously believed. Two will be released in February and one in June, while the last two will be released in September.
The press release goes on to state that Arcade1Up will be unveiling new wall-cades and counter-cades, both made to help those with limited space. The release states, “For those with limited square footage, Arcade1Up has two new products designed to leverage the space you have in your home, dorm or office. Wall-cades are portable and designed to be hung on a wall or door delivering authentic gameplay and a showpiece that will be the envy of your friends. Counter-cades are ideal to place on a desk or table top to display and play. Both are being introduced to make use of empty space while still providing an authentic arcade experience at home.”
Scott Bachrach, CEO of Tastemakers, LLC, said, “I can’t help but beam with excitement when I think about what we accomplished in 2018 and what’s coming down the road for 2019. This is just the top of the iceberg for us as we continue to secure the licenses our community wants to see.” Bachrach added, “whether you’re an avid gamer or new to the category, there’s something about Arcade1Up that emotionally takes you back to a simpler time.”
Arcade1Up plans to unveil the wall-cades and counter-cades today, January 8th, 2019, at their CES booth. I’ll update this article with pictures and information as it becomes available.
For more information on Arcade1Up, check out my previous article detailing the mini arcades.
Are you happy with the announced games? Which game are you most excited for? What games would you like to see in the future?