Netflix’s Narcos is returning for a fourth season, but this time, things are a little different.
After spending the first three seasons centered in Colombia, the series will now explore new stories and characters in Narcos: Mexico. The new season star Diego Luna as Félix Gallardo, leader of a Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s. The series also stars Ant-Man’s Michael Peña as DEA agent Kiki Camarena who relocates his family and young son from California for a new assignment. On Wednesday, Netflix released the first images of Luna and Peña from the upcoming season.
Check out the first images below:
According to Netflix, “Narcos: Mexico will explore the origins of the modern drug war by going back to its roots, beginning at a time when the Mexican trafficking world was a loose and disorganized confederation of independent growers and dealers. Witness the rise of the Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s as Félix Gallardo (Diego Luna) takes the helm, unifying traffickers in order to build an empire. When DEA agent Kiki Camarena (Michael Peña) moves his wife and young son from California to Guadalajara to take on a new post, he quickly learns that his assignment will be more challenging than he ever could have imagined. As Kiki garners intelligence on Félix and becomes more entangled in his mission, a tragic chain of events unfold, affecting the drug trade and the war against it for years to come.”
The drama is produced by Gaumont Television for Netflix. Eric Newman is Executive Producer and showrunner. José Padilha, Doug Miro, and Carlo Bernard are Executive Producers.
In addition to Pena and Luna, additional casting for Narcos: Mexico is listed below. Be sure to visit www.netflix.com/narcosmexico to add the series to your Netflix Watch List!
- Aaron Staton (Mad Men) as Butch Sears
- Alejandro Edda (Fear the Walking Dead) as Joaquin “Chapo” Guzman
- Alfonso Dosal (Hazlo como hombre) as Benjamin Arellano Felix
- Alyssa Diaz (Ray Donovan, The Rookie) as Mika Camarena
- Clark Freeman (We Go On) as Ed Heath
- Ernesto Alterio (Cable Girls) as Salvador Osuna Nava
- Fermín Martinez (Lady of Steel) as Juan Jose Esparragoza Moreno (“El Azul”)
- Fernanda Urrejola (Bala Loca) as Maria Elvira
- Gerardo Taracena (Apocalypto) as Pablo Acosta
- Gorka Lasaosa (Brain Drain) as Hector Palma
- Guillermo Villegas (Sin Nombre) as Sammy Alvarez
- Horacio Garcia Rojas (Texas Rising) as Tomas Morlet
- Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen, Little Children) as Jim Ferguson
- Joaquín Cosío (Quantum of Solace) as Don Neto (Ernesto-Fonseca Carillo)
- José María Yazpik (Narcos) reprises his role as Amado Carrillo Fuentes
- Lenny Jacobson (Nurse Jackie) as Roger Knapp
- Manuel Masalva (Mi corazón es tuyo) as Ramon Arellano Felix
- Matt Letscher (Scandal, The Flash) as James Kuykendall
- Tenoch Huerta (Sin Nombre) as Rafael Caro Quintero
- Teresa Ruiz (Here on Earth) as Isabella Bautista
- Tessa Ia (The Burning Plain) as Sofia Conesa
- Yul Vazquez (The Looming Tower, Magic City) as John Gavin