As we predicted earlier this week, Pokemon Go’s Halloween Event will bring with it the new Ghost types introduced in Gen 3 (ie: Duskull, Dusclops, Sableye, Shuppet, Bannette). The news was confirmed this morning by Niantic, but players got a strong hint yesterday that the leaks were true when an update hit Pokemon Go and added a few new badges – one of which was a Badge for discovering 5 Pokemon originally discovered in Hoenn (the region of Gen 3).
Much like Gen 2’s Pokemon Go release which was preceded by new baby Pokemon, Gen 3 is also getting a timely set up. Though this event will have much more than just the new Pokemon. Here’s what we can expect from the Halloween Event.
- When: October 20th 12:00 pm PDT to November 2nd at 1:00 pm PDT.
- Increased spawns for Ghost-Types and other spooky Pokemon (ie: Houndoom, Crobat & those from last year)
- Pikachu with Witch’s Hat
- Mimikyu’s Hat for your Avatar
- 2x Candy
- Special Purchasable Boxes w/ Raid Passes and super Incubators inside
I love it when the community comes together and predicts an event like this down to the letter. So go out there and enjoy trainers. And remember, if you’re a fan of using your AR camera in Pokemon Go, share your snaps with the hashtag #PokemonGoHalloween
- Pokemon Go – Gen 3 Release Hinted For Halloween
- Pokemon Go – Catching Mewtwo in EX Raids Beta
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon ULTRA Update #3
- Brock & Misty Return To Pokemon Anime