San Diego Comic Con: Returning Registration Sale Coming SOON!!
GET READY!! If you attended San Diego Comic Con 2016 and are eligible to participate in the pre-sale, your wait is finally coming to and end. In a recent post by the TOUCAN blog on Comic Con International’s official site, they announced all the information that you will need when the sale date is official.
We have all been waiting on pins and needles, especially because CCI decided to wait so long to have the pre-sale for returning attendees. For SDCC2016, the pre-sale took place in mid-November and the General Sale, which is open to the public, occurred during the 3rd week of February. Yeah…WTH, right?
The information given is basically the same as in prior years. Here are some major key points:
- Returning registration sale is open ONLY to those who attended San Diego Comic Con in 2016 and are eligible. To see if you are eligible, log in to your Comic Con Member ID account and it should let you know you status in the top right hand corner next to your name. You can also click on registration information tab.
- First time attendees, professionals, guests of professionals, trade professionals, exhibitors (and exhibitor-purchased attendee badges), volunteers, staff, complimentary passes, and retailers are not be eligible to participate.
- If you are eligible, you can purchase badges for 3 people, including yourself. ALL MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE. Each member must have their own Member ID.
- Badges will be shipped to each attendee, which is different from last year when badges were shipped to the buyer. Make sure your shipping address information is correct and current. The deadline to change your shipping info in May 18, 2017. To change or update you address, log in to your CCI Member ID account.
- You will need the last names of the people that you are purchasing badges for.
- On March 10, 2017, you will be required to log in to you CCI Member ID Account and again click on the ‘registration info’ tab. There you will find your registration code that is unique to you as well as the link to the EXPO Logic Registration Waiting Room . You will use the code to log in to the landing page. On sale date, you must be logged into the landing page BEFORE 9 am PST. NO ONE will be allowed to register after 9 am. If you are in by that time and for whatever reason are disconnected, log back in using your unique registration code from your CCI acount. You are only allowed ONE code per device and browser. If you have multiple people trying with their own codes, USE A DIFFERENT PC OR LAPTOP.
- Badge prices went up approx. $5 for each day than from last year. prices are as follows:
- Preview Night is not a stand alone option. You can only purchase Preview Night if you purchase Thursday-Sunday badges. A child 12 and under is free with EACH paying adult.
- Once in the waiting room, DO NOT REFRESH. The page will automatically refresh on it’s own. As long as you see that infamous blue circle turning, the page is active!!
- USE A PC OR LAPTOP! The Expo Logic system is not formatted for tablets, mobile devices, or IPads. People have used their mobile device to purchase badges in previous years but it can’t be guaranteed that the system will work.
- Shortly after 9 am, the site will sort participants out and put them into waiting rooms. There is a 50% chance that you will be in one of the groups selected.
- IF SELECTED, you will be moved into a registration room. There, you will only have 15 minutes to complete your entire purchase. You will be asked how many badges you wish to purchase and the days for each attendee. You are not guaranteed all days. You will have to choose from whatever remains depending on how fast your group is chosen.
- Have ALL the last names, Member Ids and Credit/Debit Card information ready. This will speed up the process for you. Believe me, you will need the extra time! Your anxiety will be through the roof!
- When you make your purchase, the payment CANNOT be split up!
- To better the odds, buddy up with friend/family or join buying groups.
- For more detailed information, please go to Comic Con International or the TOUCAN Blog.
There you have it! All, or most of the information you will need to buy that golden ticket! The same information will be essential when the general sale occurs sometime later this year.
So, make a blood sacrifice, pray to the Comic Con Gods, may the force be with you and may the odds be ever in your favor! Oh, and don’t forget to have fun and good luck!