Fan Fest Valentine: Danai Gurira
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and if you’ve so much as left your house, or even turned on your television or favorite radio station, you know that love is in the air. There are pink and red sparkly hearts decorations almost everywhere, romance movies on television in the evenings, and radios are streaming playlists of love songs to make your holiday the right amount of sweet and sexy. Tis the season to be in love.
Whether that love is super romantic or platonic; it is awesome to find someone you’re smitten with during this season and tell them why they’re so special. Be it a significant other, a friend, or anyone else that holds an important spot in your heart – having a Valentine is pretty sweet.
We decided to pick some perfect Valentines of our own and elaborate on what makes them such a great choice. Here are our picks for the best Valentines this year!
5 places for your perfect date
- Wine tasting – we aren’t sure about you, but when we picture Valentine’s Day with Danai, wine tasting is one of the first things to come to mind. We think it would be an incredible way to spend an afternoon.
- The theater – we’re thinking a play or a musical. Either would be incredible, enjoying the arts is always a wonderful way to spend any day, but especially a day like this one.
- An amusement park – can you picture Danai on roller coasters? Playing the games with almost no chance of winning, but winning anyway? Plus, did we mention cotton candy? We’re ready to go.
- A picnic – a big blanket, a snack and some wine (we’re a big fan, okay?) and a perfect view. Obviously, to be done on Valentine’s Day it would need to be somewhere warm, maybe in Florida or California. It would be awesome.
- Dancing – We think Danai would be not just an incredible dancer, but she’d make sure you were having fun too. Dancing would be the perfect end to a day spent together.
4 of our favorite photos
3 songs for your Valentine’s Day playlist
- ‘All I Ask of You’ – Phantom of the Opera
- ‘Seasons of Love’ – Rent
- ‘Make you feel my Love – Adele
2 reasons Danai is the best Valentine
- “Don’t you want one more day with a chance?” – She’s bright and would encourage you to be bright and to take chances as well.
- Danai is brilliant, and she’s also very empowering. She believes in a strong woman being the foundation of a strong society and in being who you are unapologetically. Her spirit would be a great one to just be in the company of for an afternoon/evening. You’d come away from her feeling more powerful yourself.
1 perfect pickup line
- “Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here.”
So fear not, if you’re without a beau this year, or even if you have one but acknowledge the room in your heart for some extra affection, Jeffrey is the perfect pick for your Valentine this year.