Monday Night Match-up: Luke Cage vs Superman
Well, it’s about that time, my friends, for me to ‘nerd out’ for another Monday Night Match-up, and we are back to DC vs Marvel style! So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. You voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Thor was voted to beat out Superman. Deathstroke killed The Winter Soldier. Sara beat Natasha by the mere single digits. Atom squashed Ant-Man in the final tally. Ghost Rider blazed past John Constantine for the win. Wonder Woman came out on top with a victory over Lady Sif. Deathstroke dominated once again against Frank Castle. Dare Devil pulled ahead of Green Arrow in a no-weapons melee match. Thorrecently squashed the almighty Wonder Woman in an extremely close match. Colossus smashed Bane for a drastic victory. Deadshot out-shot Bullseye for an incredible victory. Katana sliced into Elektra for a brutal victory. Gandalf the White defeated Dumbledore in the greatest wizard battle ever held. Damien Darhk pulled ahead of Magneto is a villainous battle. Hawkman flew right past Archangel for a glorious victory. Negan beat out The Governor in a brutal match. Sara Lance bested Elektra in a grave assassins battle. Green Arrow got the best of the Avenger Captain America.
Have you checked out Netflix’s new series Luke Cage? I have to say, it is pretty fantastic and if you have not yet seen it… you totally should! So for this week’s match-up, I wanted to include our ‘new’ hero!
Luke Cage (Skills and Abilities)
- Superhuman Strength: After undergoing the original experiment, Cage’s strength was increased to superhuman levels, initially it was only sufficient enough to lift approximately 5 tons, but with intensive physical training and years of experience as a superhero his strength was upped to 25 tons.
- Enhanced Speed: Cage’s musculature legs enable him to move much faster than most human athletes.
- Superhuman Stamina: Luke’s muscles generate less fatigue toxins than the muscles of ordinary humans, granting him superhuman stamina.
- Invulnerability: Luke Cage’s skin is as hard as metal and his muscle and bone tissues are considerably denser than the tissues of an ordinary human, granting him much greater resistance to physical injury than an ordinary human. He can withstand conventional handgun fire at a point-blank range and cannot be cut by any blade forged of conventional material
- Accelerated Healing Factor: If injured, Luke is capable of recovering from mild injuries in 1/3rd the time it would take an ordinary human.
- Skilled Combatant: Cage is a self-taught hand-to-hand combatant with years of street fighting experience.
Superman (Skills and Abilities)
- Super Strength: Superman’s strength is so supreme that he has demonstrated the ability to lift items such as an airplane, a building and even planets.
- Flight: Superman has the ability to fly,
- Super Speed: Superman’s speed increased to the point where he could travel faster than light.
- Vision: In addition to X-ray vision and heat vision, Superman is also capable of seeing vast distances away, even across interstellar distances.
- Hearing: Superman could hear sound at almost any wavelength at extreme distances.
- Super Breath: Superman’s breath was capable of freezing objects and generating hurricane-force winds. He could also hold his breath for extended periods of time, allowing him to travel underwater or in space without breathing apparatus.
- Stamina: Superman absorbs his energy from the sun, and can go great extents without food or water.
- Healing factor: Superman could regenerate physical damage to his body at an accelerated rate.
Jules Vote: I will forever be a fan of the Man of Steel, but I will have to give this one to Luke Cage.