Today just might be the best day ever! Who knew that the third Sunday of July was National Ice Cream Day? Well, you can thank President Ronald Regan for this amazing celebration as he officially declared this day back in 1984 in order to promote the well-being of the US dairy industry. Thanks, President Regan!
Here’s a list of some events and activities happening around the country:
- Carvel Ice Cream: Franchises are offering a buy one, get one special sale. If you buy one cup or cone of any size, you get one free today!
- Your Pie Pizza: Instead of free ice cream, they are offering free gelato as well as holding a contest to give away free gelato twice a week for the rest of the year! To enter, all you need to do is post a pic to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter of you enjoying your free gelato with the hashtag #ypfreegelato.
- Haagen-Dazs: They are giving away free ice cream at the Grand Bazaar in NYC which will also be hosting an Ice Cream Blizzard on Sunday, July 31st.
- Baskin-Robbins: Shops will be donating $0.75 from every ice cream float sold to the USO. The funds will be donated in honor of the USO’s 75th Anniversary. On July 31st, Baskin-Robbins is also offering regular and kid-sized scoops of ice cream for only $1.31 each.
- Friendly’s: Friendly’s is celebrating the entire summer with Sprinklefest! You can get a single-scoop cone of any flavor for $1.99 and a $2.99 Sundae Funday Cone.
- Sonic: The drive in is offering half-price ice cream cones all day.
- Cold Stone Creamery: The chain is celebrating with specials all month long but says they are going BIG, like eating large Ice Cream Cake while they treat their friends and family to a big Cold Stone® catered party big!
- PetSmart: Of course, our furry four-legged friends need to celebrate too!! Petsmart is offering free sample of doggie sundaes at its PetsHotel locations.
This is just a small listing of celebrations happening today. Be sure to check out your local ice cream shops for other deals, treats and celebrations!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Tell us in the comments section below!