I’ll get this out of the way right now…I’m a huge Ryan Gosling fan. It’s no secret and I wear it on my sleeve like a badge of honor. With that being said, that’s not the only reason why ‘First Man’ is one of the best films of the year. It’s a beautifully heartbreaking film about one of the greatest achievements of humankind. This isn’t the story of an American Hero, this is the story of a human being coping with loss and trying to find purpose in world in turmoil. It’s a story that a lot of us can relate to and one that is masterfully told by Damien Chazelle (Whiplash, La La Land). The cinematography is incredibly personal and really puts you right there with everyone on screen, the acting is impeccable (including Claire Foy who deserves the Golden Globe) and the score composed by Justin Hurwitz has to be one of the best of the decade. The best part about all of this? One of you have the chance to win a copy on Blu-Ray! Follow the details below for a chance to win one of the best films of 2018.
4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing– Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
FIRST MAN, arriving on Digital and via the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on January 8, 2019 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on January 22, 2019 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.