‘DuckTales’ WATCH & Review – Episode #05: “Terror of the Terra-firmians!”
Another week, another Ducktales episode and this week’s episode is either a sign of things to come or serves as a Part 2 to last week’s “The Beagle Birthday Massacre!”. Either way, it definitely gave us a ton of movie references and even more laughs. So it’s time to pull up your DVR or check out the link below to watch it on Disney XD, and take a Closer Look at Ducktales (2017) Episode 05, “Terror of the Terra-firmians!”
Playing “The Long Game” – Lena’s Story (Continued):
Picking up from last week’s episode, we again find Lena with the McDuck Crew, and as we hoped, we get to see her and Mrs Beakley interact! Though beyond the ‘bad influence vs strict influence’ dynamic, it was even more interesting to see this at play when Magica was in the scene. Now we can confirm that Magica’s Shadow is separate from her and seems to be attached to Lena now and thus can see everything she sees; and this once again brings up question “what is Lena’s true allegiance”? At episode’s end, we might hear how Lena is “playing the long game” and getting the others to trust her and thus invite her into the mansion and THUS get close to Scrooge’s Number One Dime. But could there be more?
We see how Mrs Beakley’s comment about how it seems like no one raised her definitely struck a chord. Additionally, Lena didn’t HAVE to earn Beakley’s trust. She could have just left her and there’d be no Beakley to stand in her way at all. So what if the “long game” Lena is playing is actually an even longer game. What if she is actually earning Magica’s trust just to stop her and help the McDuck Crew? This would also explain how last episode, Lena went to Magica and offered to help only after she saw how kind the McDucks are. Her mindset isn’t “I’m totally going to get those people who were nice to me” but more “I’ve got to stop my aunt from hurting those people who were nice to me”.
Things That “Quacked” Us Up – Easter Eggs, Quotes & More:
- This is our first Huey (Red shirt, boy scout) centered episode! Dewey (Blue Shirt, adventurous one) had the premier and Louie (green shirt, greedy one) had “The Great Dime Chase”
- I loved that in the end, the Terra-firmians thought the exact same crazy things about the surface dwellers as the surface dwellers thought of them. That just goes to show we’re all more alike than we sometimes think.
- Many. British Jokes!
- Besides all the other movie jokes/ references, the most direct one had to be the ET finger “boop” when the ducks and terra-firmians met.
- Favorite Quotes:
- “I’m totally going to sacrifice myself in the name of the rebellion!” (Webby)
- “Have they’re always three of them? (Launchpad about the newphews)
- “You made me come all the way down here, drag two more children and one man… child right into danger” (Mrs Beakley)
- “I can’t believe my best friend is a mole monster.”/ “I’m your best friend?” / “Oh no, it can hear my thoughts!” (Launchpad out loud, Dewey, Launchpad)
- “Not everything is a methane gas leak!” (Webby)
- “Back mole monster, you can’t take me too, Mr McD won’t give me the time off!” (Launchpad)