Things are looking up for Netflix’s Stranger Things heading into Sunday’s Primetime Emmy Awards as the show has had a very successful evening at last night’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards. Netflix was one of the first streaming giants to be considered at a broadcast awards show with House of Cards back in 2013 and since then they’ve managed to hold their own and received 93 total nominations this year.
18 of those nominations went to last year’s breakout series Stranger Things, which followed a group of kids as they searched for their missing friend in the unusual town of Hawkins, IN, and five of those nominations turned into wins. Here’s what Stranger Things has won so far:
Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
Game of Thrones has won this category the last two years and both times they went on to win Outstanding Drama Series. Could Stranger Things be following the same path?
Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music and Outstanding Main Title Design
Game of Thrones also walked away with these two awards in its first season as well.
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series
The series won for “Chapter 8: The Upside Down” and was accepted by Bradley North, Craig Henighan, Jordan Wilby, Jonathan Golodner, Tiffany S. Griffth, Sam Munoz, David Klotz, Noel Vought, and Ginger Geary.
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series
The series won for “Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers” and was accepted by Dean Zimmerman.
Albeit a great night for the show, Stranger Things was unable to snag the win for the following categories at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards:
- Guest Actress In A Drama Series (Shannon Purser’s Barb)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Period Program (One Hour Or More)
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (One Hour)
- Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series
- Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program
- Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic)
- Outstanding Music Supervision
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)
On Sunday’s Primetime Emmy Awards, Stranger Things will be up against some pretty tough competition but at this rate, they may be right on track to have one of the biggest sweeps of the night. Here are the awards they are still up for:
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series (David Harbour)
- Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series (Millie Bobby Brown)
- Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
- Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series