Episode 406 was a rough one, to put it mildly. The loss of two main characters will leave their survivors acting out of grief and rage, and viewers can expect logical battle strategies to be thrown overboard. Those left behind will be searching for some form of reason or purpose for their loss. Some may even find it. But before the healing can begin, here are 5 people who could probably use a hug right about now.
- Captain Flint. The man just cannot catch a break. Every small victory he secures seems to come with huge losses. He took the chance to bring peace to the island. Now he has lost a friend in Eleanor, a valuable partner in Madi, and any chance of leverage he had with Governor Rogers. His forces are dwindling, and tenuous alliances are breaking apart by the minute. Will he be strong enough to hold it all together?
- Governor Woodes Rogers. The man has lost his wife and it’s all his fault. He brought the Spanish onto Nassau, and left unchecked, it was a Spanish soldier who killed Eleanor. As awful as he feels right now, how will he react when he learns that Eleanor was pregnant?
- There’s not a character on the show who doesn’t have a complicated history with Max, but her relationship with Eleanor may just be the most intricate. They’ve been friends, lovers, business partners, and co-conspirators. Both have rescued the other multiple times, even in the face of great betrayal. Max has vowed revenge for Eleanor’s death, and is starting by sailing to Philadelphia to meet with Eleanor’s grandfather.
- Jack Rackham. Another man who just can’t seem to win for losing, Jack is not in a good place. He inherited Blackbeard’s crew, but the survivors are in no shape to wage war. Anne is barely beginning to heal from her injuries, and the rest of the crew aren’t much better off. Instead, they’re taking Max north. On the surface, it appears to be a relatively safe mission. However, every viewer knows by now that nothing is ever as it appears on the surface.
- John Silver. Where to even being with him? In the space of six episodes, he has been nearly drowned, kidnapped, rescued from slavery, thrown into an unexpected position of power, forced to betray one of his best friends, and has now lost the woman he loved. Viewers caught a glimpse of a broken man last episode. Has Silver finally hit his limit? And can the Rebellion survive without the legend of Long John himself?
Episode 407, “XXXV,” premieres Sunday March 12th at 9 pm eastern/ 8 pm central on Starz. Subscribers can also watch full episodes online or on the Starz mobile app. Check back to FanFest.com for episode previews, sneak peeks, and recaps.