This week is a big week for President Obama and his family, he’s moving, he needs to find a new job and he has to get his First Lady a birthday gift.
That’s right, it’s FLOTUS Michelle Obama’s 53rd birthday!
And with Inauguration Day being Friday January, 20th, not only are we welcoming a new president into office, but we are saying goodbye to one. And with this important transition about to take place, let’s spend the last few days of the Obama presidency reflecting on the last eight years.
And today we are looking back at 8 of our favorite Michelle Obama moments!
- Her countless TV appearances- from Jimmy Fallon to Carpool Karaoke to Parks and Rec. Michelle makes the perfect cameo!
- The relationship that she has with her husband #relationshipgoals Barack sent her this lovely tweet for her birthday.
To the girl from the South Side who took on a role she didn't ask for and made it her own: Happy Birthday, Michelle. I love you. pic.twitter.com/lvjfx418hn
— President Obama (@POTUS44) January 17, 2017
- She is super passionate about education, health and fitness. #Turnipforwhat
- She in incredibly photogenic!
- Presenting an award at the 2013 Academy Awards via satellite. How cool is that?
- She knows how to give a speech. At the Democratic National Convention, Michelle gave a moving speech backing her candidate and urging others to be educated voters. “This November when we go to the polls, that’s what we are deciding. Not Democrat or Republican, not left or right. No, this election, and every election, is about who will have the power to shape our children for the next four or eight years of their lives.”
- Her amazing style. Over the past 8 years, we have seen her in some fabulous outfits. Take a look.
- She is social media savvy. GUYS! She has a Snapchat!
Michelle, your reign in Washington may be coming to an end, but you will never be forgotten. You have been a role model for all and a symbol of class and grace. These last 8 years have flown by. Thank you for everything you’ve done and we wish you a very happy birthday!
Sources: refinery29.com, today.com, nbcnews.com, twitter
What are your favorite First Lady moments?