Lucifer’s mother has returned, and she’s taken on the body of a recently deceased woman found at the scene of a multiple homicide. Though she claims she’s innocent, Lucifer’s not so sure that his mother’s not been up to her old tricks. He and Chloe are tasked with sniffing out the real killer in a crime that’s tied to a local drug cartel.
The second season of “Lucifer” continues to impress. The addition of Tricia Helfer to the cast as Lucifer’s mother has been an interesting one so far. Her chemistry with Tom Ellis is excellent and she’s playing the repentant mother to the hilt. The twist at the end of the episode proves she’s not the meek, little lamb she’s claiming to be. What is she planning to do? How do her sons figure into it? How will it affect Lucifer when he finds out he’s a pawn in her game?
And what of Amenadiel? He’s yet to lay eyes on his mother, his injuries far more extensive than we previously thought. Is this due to the fall out of his run in with Malcolm or is there something else at work here? How will he react when he comes face-to-face with his mother? Will he have the strength to do what needs to be done?
Overall, this season is building up rather nicely. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” Something tells me Lucifer’s mother is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I can’t wait to see how it plays out.
- Love how Lucifer’s mom chastises him for not visiting her in Hell.
- Lucifer’s comments on the contents of Mr. Richard’s closet – hilarious.
- Drug Kingpin Panini.
- Though I’m warming to Mama Morningstar, I’m still not feeling it for Ella Lopez. She’s a little too Abby Sciuto for me. I do like her (one-sided) banter with Lucifer, but she’s not making much of an impression. Hopefully she’ll be fleshed out a bit better soon because I’m not seeing a use for her character at this point in time.
- Seeing how Chloe and Trixie interact gives Lucifer a chance to see the real dynamic between mother and child. And can I say how much I adore Scarlett Estevez?
- I miss the old Maze. Here’s hoping she returns soon.
“Lucifer” airs Monday at 9/8PM CST on FOX.