Well, it’s about that time, my friends, for me to ‘nerd out’ for another Monday Night Match-up, and we are back to DC vs Marvel style! So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. You voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Thor was voted to beat out Superman. Deathstroke killed The Winter Soldier. Sara beat Natasha by the mere single digits. Atom squashed Ant-Man in the final tally. Ghost Rider blazed past John Constantine for the win. Wonder Woman came out on top with a victory over Lady Sif. Deathstroke dominated once again against Frank Castle. Dare Devil pulled ahead of Green Arrow in a no-weapons melee match. Thor recently squashed the almighty Wonder Woman in an extremely close match. Colossus smashed Bane for a drastic victory. Deadshot out-shot Bullseye for an incredible victory. Katana sliced into Elektra for a brutal victory. Gandalf the White defeated Dumbledore in the greatest wizard battle ever held. Damien Darhk pulled ahead of Magneto is a villainous battle. Hawkman flew right past Archangel for a glorious victory. Negan beat out The Governor in a brutal match.
Time to match-up two of our favorite heroines! Sara Lance and Elektra! One thing is for sure, given their intense training and various skill sets, neither one of these ladies would go down easily.
Caity Lotz is famous for bringing The White Canary and prior The Canary to life in the CW series’ Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, respectfully. Elodie Yung wow’d audiences with her performance as Elektra in the Netflix TV series, Daredevil. Both of these actresses have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
You know the drill! If these characters cinema personalities were to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other… Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome. It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
Sara Lance (The Canary/The White Canary) Abilities and Skills:
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Sara has been trained for years under Ra’s Al Ghul, in the League of Assassins and is extremely proficient in advanced forms of hand-to-hand combat.
- Stick Fighting: Sara is extremely skilled in the art of stick fighting, and has been trained to use almost any item as a weapon.
- Archery: Even though her primary weapon is her bo staff that can separate into two batons, Sara shows expertise with a bow and arrow whenever she uses one.
- Expert Marksman: Sara is an extremely accurate marksman.
- Stealth: Sara has been trained to be an extremely, deadly assassin and has mastered the art of stealth.
- Acrobatics: She has displayed on many occasions that she is an expert in acrobatics, and often uses this skill while evading enemy fire.
- Sonic Device: A handheld non-lethal Sonic weapon used to disable large groups of people. A modified version of the ‘canary cry’
- Expandable Baton: She uses a pair of expandable batons to fight. They are able to combine into a bo-staff.
Elektra (Skills and Abilities)
- Heightened Awareness: Demonstrated the ability to detect a threat to her well-being in the immediate vicinity before they commit the action.
- Master Martial Artist: Elektra is proficient in many martial arts originating from China, Thailand and Japan.
- Peak Human Physical Conditioning: Elektra has trained herself to always remain in phenomenal shape, and at peak physical conditioning.
- Weapons Master: She is a master of many different weapons. Her usual weapons of choice are katanas, knives, and throwing stars.
- Stealth: Due to her ninja training, she can blend in with the shadows and remain undetected by most humans.
- Acrobatics: She is an excellent acrobat capable of many difficult feats.
- Expert Marksman: Elektra is skilled with throwing weapons and sharpshooting.
- Pressure point locator: She can locate different pressure points on a person’s body. She can incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, or kill a person.
Jules Vote: It’s a draw.