Our kitties already think they are royalty, and today is a day to treat them like it! Go grab the tuna!
August 8th is International Cat Day! So grab your fuzzy little baby and go take a cat nap, or cuddle up with these cute cat facts.
- A group of kittens is called a “kindle”, and “clowder” is a term that refers to a group of adult cats.
- Cats have over 100 sounds in their vocal repertoire, while dogs only have 10. A cat’s meow is usually not directed at another cat, but at a human. To communicate with other cats, they will usually hiss, purr and spit.
- Cats have the cognitive ability to sense a human’s feelings and overall mood.
- A cat can reach up to five times its own height per jump.
- In one litter of kittens, there could be multiple “father” cats.
- Cats can be lefties and righties, just like us. More than forty percent of them are, leaving some ambidextrous.
- Cats do not like anything citrus and cannot taste sweet things.
- Cats sleep 16 hours of any given day.
- A third of cats’ time spent awake is usually spent cleaning themselves.
- In North America, cats are a more popular pet than dogs. Nearly 73 million cats and 63 million dogs are kept as household pets.
Cats are awesome creatures and there are a lot of interesting things about them.
How are you celebrating
International Cat Day?