Monday Night Match-up: Wonder Woman vs Thor
Well, it’s about that time, my friends, for me to ‘nerd out’ for another Monday Night Match-up, DC vs Marvel style once more. So far you have voted via social media that Oliver Queen would take the crown versus Hawkeye. You voted that Captain America would beat Batman. Thor was voted to beat out Superman. Deathstroke killed The Winter Soldier. Sara beat Natasha by the mere single digits. Atom squashed Ant-Man in the final tally. Ghost Rider blazed past John Constantine for the win. Wonder Woman came out on top with a victory over Lady Sif. Deathstroke dominated once again against Frank Castle. Dare Devil pulled ahead of Green Arrow in a no-weapons melee match.
Have you seen all these amazing trailers that were released over the weekend at SDCC? I certainly did. I legit watched every single one of them. Every. Single. One. One of the trailers that caught my attention in particular was Wonder Woman. Let’s be serious, it looks AMAZING! I recently used Wonder Woman in a battle against Lady Sif, but I can’t help but throw her into the mix again. This time, against the God of Thunder, Thor Odinson himself.
Gal Gadot has made her mark in the superhero universe as DC’s newest Wonder Woman aka Diana Prince. An incredible mark with that! She has really nailed the role. Chris Hemsworth has also made his mark on the superhero universe as Marvel’s ‘Thor’, playing the Asgardian God for multiple Marvel films. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
You know the drill, my fellow nerd-lings! If these two were to face off against each other, melee style, who would win? It’s a DC vs Marvel Match-up!
Thor Odinson (Skills and Abilities)
- Godlike Super-Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods.
- Invulnerability: Thor is invulnerable to such human ailments as diseases, toxins, poison, fire and even radiation poisoning.
- Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at extreme speeds. Not only can he fly himself at superhuman speeds, he can also throw Mjolnir at several times the speed of light.
- Superhuman Stamina: Thor’s advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human and most other Asgardians.
- Healing Factor: Due to Thor’s god-ly physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than a human being could.
- Flight: Thor has the ability to fly.
- Electrokinesis: Thor usually uses Mjolnir to channel and manipulate thunder and lightning. He is also capable of summoning rain.
Wonder Woman (Skills and Abilities)
- Superhuman Strength: Wonder Woman is as strong as Superman himself and able to physically outmatch other superbeings.
- Superhuman Stamina and Durability: She is capable of withstanding great impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and high calibre bullets without sustaining injury. She is also able to heal at an incredibly superhuman rate.
- Flight: Wonder Woman is capable of unassisted flight by gliding on air currents.
- Superhuman Speed: Diana is capable of running and moving at intense speeds.
- Enhanced Vision: She can see to far greater distances than any normal human.
- Expert Combatant: Diana is a formidable combatant and has received extensive training in unarmed combat and also with every weapon ever made.
- Indomitable Will: Diana has the internal strength to overcome fear and resist mind control.
Jules Vote: I believe that for the most part, they are pretty even with most of their abilities. However, Diana is the ultimate god of war. If she were to get Thor away from Mjolnir, she would take the cake. My vote goes to Wonder Woman.