With the opening of Captain America: Civil War this past weekend, the superhero cinematic universe has been ablaze all over social media. The three movies I have been seeing the most press releases about are Deadpool, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Captain America: Civil War. This doesn’t come as a surprise, given the fact that all three films were amazing.
I remember finding it incredible awesome and ironic when I first found out that both Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain
America: Civil War were going to be coming out this year. Two superhero match-up movies in the same year? Heck yeah!
Like the nerd I am, I began wondering what would ever happen if there were to be an epic DC/Marvel Crossover involving a hero from both movies. At first, I was thinking about Captain America or Iron Man V. Superman. But that would be too easy, wouldn’t it? I mean… Captain America and Iron Man are both incredibly resourceful and could find some way to acquire some kryptonite and it would just be way too easy. Then I thought… what about Captain America and Batman?
Captain America may be a super soldier, but underestimating Batman would be an incredible mistake. The man is resourceful… and stubborn.
They both possess supreme indomitable will, so neither one of them would go down easily.
Ben Affleck has recently brought the DC Universe superhero ‘Batman’ to life in the newest Batman film in the Batman Chronicles, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Chris Evans has also made his mark on the superhero universe as Marvel’s ‘Captain America’, playing the war hero for multiple Marvel films. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
Just for fun, in honor of Captain America: Civil War and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, if these characters cinema personalities were
to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other… Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome. It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
Batman (Bruce Wayne) Abilities
- Although he has no superhuman powers, Batman’s unstoppable determination and strength of will make him an extremely formidable opponent.
- Batman has the ability to instill fear in others, to the extent that even the people that know him best are intimidated by him. It’s incredible. He doesn’t even have to show proof that he has ever killed anyone. People are just naturally fearful of him.
- Batman has build himself up to a point where he has peak human strength. His intense workouts alone are proof enough. If that isn’t proof enough, the fact that he is capable of throwing people through brick walls certainly proves the point.
- He has demonstrated extreme acrobatic skills, which he has used in various fights.
- Bruce is well trained in multiple forms of martial arts.
- He has become an expert on all melee weapons, and is a pretty skilled marksman.
- Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander
- He commonly utilizes cunning tactics to outsmart his enemies.
Captain America (Steve Rogers) Abilities
- Captain America displays several enhanced abilities: physical strength is enhanced to the very peak of human potential. He also possesses enhanced speed, durability, agility, reflexes, stamina, and senses.
- Rogers is an accomplished strategist, on and off the battlefield.
- He is an expert in hand-to-hand combat being very skilled in multiple martial arts through his training in military combatives
- He is well-versed in multiple Armed force disciplines including intelligence gathering, escape arts, demolition, and battlefield tactics.
- He, like Batman, has mastered the art of acrobatics. He’s utilized these talents in combat on multiple occasions.
- Also like Batman, Captain America is a very strong- willed person. He is not one to give up easily, and he has overcome many forms
of temptation along with having an insane pain tolerance.
- Steve is a pretty proficient marksman, although he is more comfortable with his shield; which he has mastered the art of. After years of using his shield as a weapon, he has found himself capable of putting up a good fight against any enemy.
Jules vote: This one, just like last week’s Oliver Queen v Hawkeye, would be extremely close. Their skill sets are extremely identical and the fact that they both have an indomitable will makes it a really hard decision. I don’t see either one of them surrendering too easily. But I have to go with, Captain America.
Who do you think would win the challenge between Captain America and Batman?